Do you smoke

Do you smoke? I am talking about any kind of smoke

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would never smoke. My dad used to dive and he smokes....but I'm not supposed to know.

I agree with the non-smokers on this thread. I wish Massachusetts would adopt a no beach smoking policy. Smokers you gota get that monkey off your back :mfight:

I used to smoke but I gave up eight years ago. Don't know if this is a coincidence but since I started diving in November, I have finally got full use of my lungs back. At least, I think I am using them to the fullest capacity because I can keep on inhaling and it doesn't hurt no more :wink: I was lying in bed one morning and and took a deep breath and felt really elated. That was the best thing about giving up. I had tried to give up loads of times before and have never been able to and just woke up one morning and didn't have another cigarette again - no withdrawl symptoms just didn't want a cigarette!! :)

overexposed2X:
Come on, every now and again, a post dive Cuban (cigar) is a truly lovely thing. It's almost as bad for you as a Whopper w/cheese.
Right on! Montecristo #2...although for me it's post seafood dinner, along with a glass of cognac.

I used to smoke cigarettes, but "I didn't inhale." :D

scubasean:
I only smoke when my wife lights my hair on fire...and that is infrequently...or never...heh
I never have to worry about that, I shave my head. hehe

Yes, unfortunately I still do. But one of these days I'll be able to say I quit.
Maria

I wish I could post a photo of my dad married to an oxygen tank 24/7 to see the ultimate end results of this habit. Oh wait, that can't happen to me.

Barracuda2

Been smoke free for about 3 years after 20 years of smoking. Feels great but added weight. Never smoked when I dove...It seems like a contradiction.

DandyDon:
I working on a device to make it possible to smoke on the Safety Stop. :D

After all that bottom time and slow ascent, I really hate to have to wait until I'm back aboard. :eyebrow: No more temptation to skip a safety stop to get to that after dive smoke.

Of course, militant non-smokers will find some reason to complain, even if I'm careful to stay down current. "You're smoking in my water. :11: Jeez!

Back in the early 70's I was diving the third cave at Morrison Springs (long since dynamited shut) and a friend DID take a smoke break. He carried a smoke and lighter in a light meter case, went into an air pocket and lit up. I have a pic somewhere to prove it. What a dumb #$%!!!

Allison Finch:
Back in the early 70's I was diving the third cave at Morrison Springs (long since dynamited shut) and a friend DID take a smoke break. He carried a smoke and lighter in a light meter case, went into an air pocket and lit up. I have a pic somewhere to prove it. What a dumb #$%!!!
Now that's dedication........stupid dedication... but WOW!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom