Do you think Halcyon will warranty this failure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently notice a leak around my inflator hose. When I examined further I could not get the leak to stop. Apparently the integrated plastic fitting has degraded and cracked/failed.

Curious if anyone knows if Halycon might warranty this or should it go straight to the trash?
IMG_5218.jpg
IMG_5217.jpg
IMG_5216.jpg

You're asking here before asking Halcyon (or a dealer like Extreme Exposure)? I had a good experience with Halcyon's warranty service, so I would absolutely suggest asking Halcyon rather than sending it "straight to the trash." If you're the original owner, I don't see why they would not repair this.

You're asking here before asking Halcyon (or a dealer like Extreme Exposure)? I had a good experience with Halcyon's warranty service, so I would absolutely suggest asking Halcyon rather than sending it "straight to the trash." If you're the original owner, I don't see why they would not repair this.
I've not asked them yet, if they said "no" already, I would not have asked here.
Good to hear you are satisfied with their customer service in the past.

I've not asked them yet, if they said "no" already, I would not have asked here.
Well, of course. I just don't understand why you wouldn't call Halcyon first. Even if someone here said "trash it" I'd still call Halcyon. You never know.

I had a wing that apparently suffered from a known manufacturing or design defect that led to seams coming apart early in their lifetime, and Halcyon replaced the whole wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom