Do you use a DSS mount for Zoop, Gekko and Vyper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to give DSS mounts for Helo2 and FS-1 Compass a try. Does anyone have any instructions for removing the origianl housings and fiitting the new mounts?

Does anyone have photos (or a description) of their favorite way to string the bungee through a DSS mount? I just ordered one for my Vyper.

Thanks!

i use two pieces of bungee placed diagonally so that in case one breaks I still have the other one hanging onto my arm. Also by placing the bungees diagonally, I find it easier to pull up onto my front arm and match the shape of my arm better. I think it is because if you make two loops with the bungees each on one side, you need to make one of the slightly larger. This is the one to go into the arm first and positioned toward the upper arm while the smaller loop toward the wrist. This is because of the shape front arm and the length of the bungees has to match with the geometry of the arm in order to fit. The diagonally placed bungees are self adjust in this respect.

I prefer the bungee for donning and doffing. I also lost my Oceanic Versa once due to a failure on the stock strap. The DSS mount is also lower profile than the stock Vyper mount, so it doesn't catch on my webbing when ditching my rig. Finally, the bungee makes it super easy to throw on a double ender for storage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom