Do you write in hours or minutes on your dive log?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David The Gnome

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been writing down my times like this "1:15" for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I've been thinking of switching to just minutes so my dive would have been 75 minutes rather than using hours. For my cumulative dive time I've been using just minutes but I've been using the hour:minutes format for my dive times.

Which format do you use?

Hour:Minutes or just Minutes?

Generally I use hours and minutes in the hh:mm type format for most everything. I keep my cumulative bottom time in the same format. Since I am a heavy breather I don't, as a rule, have many dives where my bottom time excedes an hour.

It is a bit confusing that the PADI tables list bottom times in minutes, and surface intervals in hh:mm hours and minutes.

I find it easy enough to convert minutes to hours by subtracting out 60. Also I feel it gives my old brain a bit of excercize to add hours and minutes to my cumulative bottom time.

Your mileage may vary.

KYDan

Both really, I total in minutes and every so often convert to hh:mm
and put this total on the top corner of a log sheet.

Dive time mm - cumulative hh:mm

redrover:
Dive time mm - cumulative hh:mm

Same

8998 Minutes and counting...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom