Does a timely visit to the Hyperbaric Chamber required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want to know the opinion of the forum here. According to a few of my friends, who are senior divers and among which has a close Hyperbaric doctor friend, a timely visit to the Hyperbaric Chamber is required for divers, rule of thumb is every 40-50 dives, to prevent accumulated nitrogen bubbles from forming inside our body.

Now, is this true?

Been performing a bit of browsing and research, most opinions are that a timely visit to the chamber is pointless. Unless you have DCI, you don't need to go to the chamber.

Please shed some light. Thanks

Are you sure??? Could they be messing with you?

Perhaps the doc is trying to disprove Henry's Law?

Not sure from your wording, but is the doctor a friend of a friend? Is it possible something got lost in translation?

A tour / visit to a chamber facility is educational and worthwhile for all divers. Perhaps the doctor said something similar and someone else added the required, every 40-50 dives, and prevention bits.

I've visited several facilities, never got to go on a "ride", but found every visit enjoyable and educational. Many facilities conduct occasional tours. Commonly coordinated by dive clubs or instructors for classes.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Hyperbaric doctor is running low on cash.

Amen.......

Back
Top Bottom