Does any know the Daytona area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just remembered you can see the same pics I have at oceanusdivecenter.com

phoneman:
I have some pic of Alexander if I can can get sometime I'll try to post them. The diving there is very laid back if you go early on the weekend or mid week you'll have the place to yourself. It's usually crystal clear until alot of people show up. You can see everything from gators to minnows. It's like diving in a fish bowl. I work alot but if you want an anchor to dive with drop me a line when you get here.
Gators you say! Just when I was getting used to seeing sand sharks! I may look you up when I get closer to heading down. Thanks for the info. I would like to see the pics of Alexander!

If you venture down the coast to Ft. Lauderdale I would try Miss Conduct or Avid Diver as a charter. Been with both thought they were great. Not a bad drive and worth the effort.

Thanks for all the info on Maine Bob (Costi), I'll try to remember that next july when i go back to Saco and maybe we could dive. I've often been to Two Lights but never for diving. I snorkeled a bit in Biddeford pool but never had a buddy to try with my tanks. See ya

wardric:
Thanks for all the info on Maine Bob (Costi), I'll try to remember that next july when i go back to Saco and maybe we could dive. I've often been to Two Lights but never for diving. I snorkeled a bit in Biddeford pool but never had a buddy to try with my tanks. See ya
Just got around to checking back on this post. Give me a yell when you areup this way, weekends are usually doable as long as I plan a couple of weeks in advance. If not I can get you set up with a good group of people who dive regularly. Have hung it up for up here for the season (getting whimpy I guess), but will be back in probably May 1. Bob

Thanks Bob.
I was wondering if you could get me some info on scallops gathering in Maine. regulations, charters, season, prices, etc. I tried a topic on this forum but I need more info. I might even go this winter if it's possible

Sea Dog Divers is right there in New Smyrna Beach. I've never been out with them but have heard good things. A couple of buddies and I tend to venture out on our own, but I'd like to dive w/ those guys.

There are a couple of wrecks off the coast of New Smyrna. My dive buddy and I went out a couple of months ago and did a 446ft. liberty ship about 10 miles straight out of Ponce Inlet. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the wreck. When we went, vis was about 30' and water temp was 74 degrees. The wreck is HUGE and the top deck of the ship is around 70 feet. Lot's of good life down there (saw a MONSTER of a jew fish). This is one you would dive a couple of times to see it all.

Having said all that...February is not exactly the ideal time for ocean diving in Central/Northern Florida. South a couple hours is West Palm or there are a couple of springs in the area (Blue Spring is just a short drive West of New Smynra in Orange City).

Good luck w/ the interview and hope this was helpful.

m-

markyv:
Sea Dog Divers is right there in New Smyrna Beach. I've never been out with them but have heard good things. A couple of buddies and I tend to venture out on our own, but I'd like to dive w/ those guys.

There are a couple of wrecks off the coast of New Smyrna. My dive buddy and I went out a couple of months ago and did a 446ft. liberty ship about 10 miles straight out of Ponce Inlet. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the wreck. When we went, vis was about 30' and water temp was 74 degrees. The wreck is HUGE and the top deck of the ship is around 70 feet. Lot's of good life down there (saw a MONSTER of a jew fish). This is one you would dive a couple of times to see it all.

Having said all that...February is not exactly the ideal time for ocean diving in Central/Northern Florida. South a couple hours is West Palm or there are a couple of springs in the area (Blue Spring is just a short drive West of New Smynra in Orange City).

Good luck w/ the interview and hope this was helpful.

m-
Thanks for the info! New Smyrna is actually where I'll be staying, I'll check into them.
I was also reading on line about the Crystal River, Blue Grotto, Devils Den dives. Are they close to Daytona/Smyrna? I see that an outfit called Dive Daytona does tours to there. Sounded kindo interesting seeing the springs and diving with the manatees.
Bob

You may want to check in on Blue Springs if you choose to go there, the manatees should be gone by that time in Feb. but if there are any in the head springs you can't even get in the water. Alexander's nice though, went there for my first dive after getting certified.

Costi, if you need somone to do any of the springs mentioned over near my side (Crystal River, Blue Grotto, Devils Den, or maybe even Ginnie) let me know, would be glad to meet up with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom