Does anyone dive Bainbridge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What's the scoop on this place? I never see any posts on it. My buddy wants to check it out this month - he says he's called them and they seem fantastic. Whos' got the skinny on this mud-hole? Viz? Depth? Attractions? Zombies?

Love the place.

The "Lagoon" (40 04' 34.18" N 76 39' 23.63" W) is like an outdoor pool with eelgrass and fish, it is something like 11 feet max (IIRC). Spent many fun days there with the kid. Up and over the edge it quickly gets as dark and scary as you wish, something like 90' to the silt. Be careful. Viz is usually decent, but nothing like Dutch. Forget carnival tours with lines between attractions. This is a place best "explored" in a low-key fashion. Friendly, laid-back atmosphere. Bring food and a grill...

See attached pic of a bunch of OW wetsuit divers that earned their stripes. :)

Zombies: "the barn"

Attachments

• BainbridgeOW.jpg
    BainbridgeOW.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 188
Ok, that's good poop, thanks. I could use the nav work any way, and if its better than the zero viz South River (Annapolis), it'll be a plus. Is there a good internet dive map with compass headings you can point me to? We'll be there on a monday so I expect it to be a ghost town...

Dove this little joint yesterday. Nice place - don't tell anyone else; I want to keep it just for me!:D

Attachments

• MVI_5803_0001.jpg
    MVI_5803_0001.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 131
old post but I am looking into going to Bainbridge early May. The website has historical temperatures but nothing recent. How are the temps this time of year?

Cold!!

I was there the past few weekends, and the majority of it is in the mid-high 30's-low 40's... not a serious thermocline, but it gets better...I'd say it will be a little warmer next month, if the air temps get out of the mid-50's and the sun shines!

My dry gloves leaked a few weeks ago, and my hands froze...two weeks ago they failed setting up so I used 7mm wet gloves and by the end of the dive my hands were frozen. Got the dry gloves fixed for last weekend, and all was right with the world!

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom