Does having 'Rescue Diver' certification make you potentially more liable...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...you guys win. I will avoid diving anywhere in the US until I can secure a Solo Diving Course as my non-existent diving buddies will not be in a position to sue me if something was ever going to happen. Oh wait...that would be me...lol.

GDI...I just found out what is the next course I will want to pursue.

in a failed rescue situation?

Given the current state of affairs in USA where people don't seem to be responsible for their own stupid actions and anyone can sue anyone for anything, does having a 'rescue diver' certification potentially open you up to civil liability in the case of a failed rescue action? Or do the various incarnations of the 'Good Samaritan' law(s) mitigate that risk?Thanks.
You know what ol son. It genuinely shocks me and makes me almost wanna cry that you are actually having to think like that.I apreciate that the legal system in the US means it could happen.
I tell ya what Personally I couldn't give a fat rats heiney about getting sued. If someone is in trouble and its within my ABILITY to save them/assist them I'm gonna do it. If it happens in an american lake or off the coast of the USA well so be it.

Back
Top Bottom