Does this mean I have to change my SB handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Sandman,

I am luvin it up here. One question? I thought it was strange that water kept falling from the sky but what the heck is that white stuff that keeps falling from the sky?? :)

OK... Two questions... How does the rain affect the diving in the Sound? I have been trying to get over that way and get some diving in and would hate to drive over & find no dive buddies due to rain.

Thanks

Steve

Well, not-mohave, I'm not trucking any more and I have no intentions of changing my name. I've been a trucker girl for 13 years (sad, I know) and that's a big chunk of my life. You obviously identified with purgatory enough to incorporate it into your SB identity, you should take that part of your life with you.

I mean, what, you gonna call yourself bfw_Steve?

How does the rain affect the diving in the Sound? I have been trying to get over that way and get some diving in and would hate to drive over & find no dive buddies due to rain.

Thanks

Steve

When there is a lot of rain it can silt things up a bit due to river runoff. Light rain doesn't do much to change vis in my experience. If it's been raining for less than a day I dive where-ever I want. If it's been raining for a few days I avoid sites near the mouth of a river. Diving IN the rain is no problem. I don't let the weather determine my agenda because the vis can change so quickly you just never know what you're going to get. Some of the best conditions I've seen were on days where topside was crap and vice versa.

-Ben

It's not the rain you have to worry about while driving, it's the sun.

The traffic reports usually have something like 'slowdown/backup due to sunshine' :D

When there is a lot of rain it can silt things up a bit due to river runoff. Light rain doesn't do much to change vis in my experience. If it's been raining for less than a day I dive where-ever I want. If it's been raining for a few days I avoid sites near the mouth of a river. Diving IN the rain is no problem. I don't let the weather determine my agenda because the vis can change so quickly you just never know what you're going to get. Some of the best conditions I've seen were on days where topside was crap and vice versa.

-Ben

Thanks for the input. It sounds like a trip to Edmonds is pretty safe unless it has been storming pretty heavy.

I have been on a couple of dives were it rained after the dive and most of the divers scrambled for cover to keep from getting wet..... Somehow I have failed to understand why getting wet after the dive is a problem :)

How have conditions been recently? It looks like I may be able to head that way in two weeks.

How have conditions been recently? It looks like I may be able to head that way in two weeks.

Well, since you mention Edmonds...
I dived Edmonds for the first time just over a week ago. It was really nice. Vis was...? You know, I'm not sure. Probably 15-20ft. The thing about it is the bottom is light colored sand, combined with shallow depths. It makes for lots of ambient light, so even if vis is low it's... sorta high. I really enjoyed it. Gearing up in light snow I heard more than one passer by mumble the word "crazy", but it just made me grin at the thought that they have no idea what they're missing.

-Ben

Funny!!

I was in Santa Rosa, NM a few months ago & we were suiting up in the snow. Passers by thought we were nuts!!! Water temp was 63F. Air temp 30F.....

Well, not-mohave, I'm not trucking any more and I have no intentions of changing my name. I've been a trucker girl for 13 years (sad, I know) and that's a big chunk of my life. You obviously identified with purgatory enough to incorporate it into your SB identity, you should take that part of your life with you.

I mean, what, you gonna call yourself bfw_Steve?

:11:
Wha Haponed

Steve,
If you want to drive into town Saturday the Atomic Ducks dive club is doing an Earth Day river cleanup dive in Kennewick's Columbia Park - East end near the golf course. Things will get rolling at 9:00am. There will be prizes for different categories (most junk by weight, biggest piece of junk, strangest item, etc.) and a bbq after the work is done. If you can make it, it would be a great opportunity to meet a bunch of local divers. You don't have to dive to come have fun with us. There will probably be more doing shore support and milling around than diving. : )

-Ben

Back
Top Bottom