Does this sounds like a reasonable price(Scubapro Ladyhawk BCD)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWoodwell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there everyone. First time poster, long time reader here. So I recently purchased my girlfriend a Scubapro Ladyhawk BCD off Ebay, sold as new. To that end, I believe it was. Tags were still in tact and all. However, the manufacture date is 2004...over 10 years old. I paid $275 shipped. Do you guys think that was a fair price? I inflated and it holds air just fine. All the dump valves and inflator seem to work fine. Just sketched about the age. What do you guys think? Did I get a deal or a dud? I blame myself for not specifically asking the manufacture date, but wish it had been volunteered.

Thanks,

Aaron

If we all tell you it was a bad deal... what do you plan to do?

:d

They sell for over $600 new. You thought it was a good price when you bid on it. Seems like one. If it works... just go diving.

Reactions: Tug
I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price at a dive shop for a BC that was sitting around for that long. But unused for less than half price seems pretty good. As long as nothing is leaking it probably wasn't stored horribly. (I dive a Ladyhawk that must be at least 10 years old.)

If it works it's a deal. I have an aqualung balance from about then and it worked fine the last time I used it. It didn't fit me any more, but it worked fine. I bought a Halcyon infinity for $500 a few months ago on ebay and I'm pretty happy with it.

If we all tell you it was a bad deal... what do you plan to do?

:d

They sell for over $600 new. You thought it was a good price when you bid on it. Seems like one. If it works... just go diving.

Good point, more just a piece of mind post.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price at a dive shop for a BC that was sitting around for that long. But unused for less than half price seems pretty good. As long as nothing is leaking it probably wasn't stored horribly. (I dive a Ladyhawk that must be at least 10 years old.)

Glad to hear. With regards to yours, have you had an problems with it? How do you maintain it?

I think you did good...as long as it works. I saw one in fair to good condition sell for around $350. If stored properly and well maintained 10 years is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom