Does your insurance cover diving accidents?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My health insurance covers any treatment that's medically necessary pertaining to a dive accident, i.e. hyperbaric chamber. I still got DAN insurance because they are a point of contact that can provide specific treatment directives and they specialize in dive related matters; my health insurance would be clueless.

TekDiveGirl responded to my questions of the same caliber. Don't think about it get DAN. Dive safe...worry free about coverage, its in there! I did because of her. Thanks TEK

TekDiveGirl responded to my questions of the same caliber. Don't think about it get DAN. Dive safe...worry free about coverage, its in there! I did because of her. Thanks TEK

You are quite welcome ant!

I am happy to help! :D

I'm glad to hear you decided to buy the insurance!

For my Chamber Treatment in Truk and in Honolulu, I was initially instructed by DAN to submit the claim for treatment to my primary health insurance carrier. Any services not covered by the primary carrier were picked up DAN's Group Policy Coverage. . .

Well all of your replies have certainly helped me make up my mind, as well as a delayed response from my HR/Insurance rep:)confused:). I simply cannot afford to self-insure so the annual cost of DAN+DAN Insurance is well worth the peace of mind it provides.

After getting a chance to look at some of the info available via the DAN website, I expect I'll be able to extract more than $100 worth of knowledge!

Once again, thanks for all of the replies!

Also something that I have seen here and there are dive boats and dive shops that require you to have DAN (or similar) before using their charter service or taking classes beyond ADV OW.

The preferred plan cost me $105 all together each year and I think I will be getting a term life plan also soon. Its money well spent especially if you dive deeper, travel to dive, drift dive, dive in the ocean, dive closed circuit, dive solo, etc etc etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom