dog friendly accomodations near Vortex springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Granny Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My son has two big dogs, and I understand the campgrounds at Vortex Springs does not allow pets. Anyone have any suggestions? Boarding the dogs is apparently not an option.

(back in my day...dogs were dogs)

I don't think there's anywhere in the immediate area that will allow dogs. State parks allow them, but you can't leave them unattended. And Vortex doesn't allow dogs at all. There is a decent kennel less than an hour away just south of Marianna. I use them on a fairly regular basis when I have to go out of town. Let me know if you want more information.

kinda crazy seeing how some dogs are better behaved than some of the people I've seen in the Vortex Campground. :rofl3:

Just imagine if those people brought their dogs along... :shocked2:

I know Vortex has a no pet policy but it may be worthwhile to actually give them a call and see if they can be a bit flexible. My wife and I actually camped there for two nights with our large breed dog. We were advised to keep our dog away from the water, but , otherwise there were no restrictions. There were even some trails where we could run him off leash.

Vortex did accomodate us and we enjoyed our stay.

Just a note, we stayed mid week in February, not exactly the busy season at Vortex.

James

Last edited:
Just an update....we ended up going the following weekend and his inlaws kept the dogs.

I have to share:
We got to Vortex Springs around 6:30 PM on Friday, pitched our tent. Next morning at 6AM my husband and I went diving and it was so relaxing. Visibility was amazing!!! Just the two of us....not another soul.... !!!!!

The subsequents dives were not good....too crowed and visibiltity was drastically reduced.
Thank goodness we brought our own filled tanks and were able to get into the water before the crowd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom