Doing it Expensive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
Ain't that like US $0.15?
With the current weak dollar, maybe it would be closer to the other way around?

Uncle Pug can probably just photo copy his pre-release hand-typed version at Kinkos and send it to ya for a couple of bucks.

K

This could very well be a scam. They don't actually have the book but once you pay them, then they'll go out and buy one. For a much lower price of course.

El Orans:
This could very well be a scam. They don't actually have the book but once you pay them, then they'll go out and buy one. For a much lower price of course.

If you actually purchase at that price, maybe you deserve to be scammed.

I'm sure that it's a typo in the Amazon system.

Far_X:
You can buy it direct from GUE though it is on back order at the moment - their price is $24 Buy it here

Phew. that is a little more like it.........

salty:
I have 2 copys Ill be glad to send you one for $100, half of what they want Ill even cover shipping :)

Well at least you learned something from all those PADI courses you took Salty. :wink:

Pez de Diablo:
Mark,

Did you want to borrow my copy?

Thanks for the offer Pez, but I kinda want it for the library collection.

Pez de Diablo:
If you actually purchase at that price, maybe you deserve to be scammed.

I'm sure that it's a typo in the Amazon system.

It isn't a typo. That's from a third-party seller.

I think there are less ethical folks out there who find ASINs (books) on the amazon site which are unavailable both from amazon and from other third-parties, and then they submit quotes at a 1000% markup trying to find gullable people who don't shop around.

I'd consider it a scam, but I don't think there's anything illegal about it unless they don't deliver you the book.

After looking at the sellers feedback, my guess is that they don't deliver books and pump up their ratings with a lot of fake 5 out of 5 feedback...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom