Dominica: Castle Comfort Lodge/Dive Dominica Jan. 17-23, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the Coconuts Club a little south of Castle Comfort that plays loud music to 5 AM still open? We stayed at the Erergreen two years ago and on two nights we could hear loud thumping base all night long, hard to sleep well the night before an early dive.

General trip assessment: My expectations were not particularly high for the accommodations or food, but were reasonably high for the diving. Expectations were pretty closely met.

We concluded that our trip was a good, all around adventure and we were glad we went. However, we are unlikely to go back in the near future.

Very good all around review. The food is only so so in Dominica. And Fort Young is probably the only above average lodging on the water though there is some very nice lodging in the interior jungle. It's my experience that some people think Dominica is just okay while others simply love it and one differentiator between the two often is those that love it have done a number of topside activities and love those. The best ones such as canyoning and the Boiling lake hike you need all day, not just a few hours in the afternoon after a morning of diving. If someone wants a dive dive dive vacation you may as well go to somewhere like Bonaire which is easier in so many ways, has much better food & accomodations and just as good if not better diving. But if you also want wild nature topside activities Dominica is hard to beat.

When I think back to my trips the two that really stand out are Belize where we also did 4 days in the jungle and did the ATM tour with two days also at Tikal before a week of diving, and Dominica where we did 2 days diving the north then did 4 great days in the interior jungle (canyoning, Boiling Lake hike, Middleham and Trafalgar Falls) before diving 6 more days in the south. So for me quality topside activities really add to a dive trip.

But I haven't ventured to the Pacific or done a liveaboard yet so either of those type trips may also end up as one of the best trips ever.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom