Don't ya just HATE when you have to take the whole lot for free?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1710710330631.png

1710710879741.png

1710710933490.png

In addition to the two back plates, it included Seapearls lead belt weights (1x5#, 2x3#, 1x2#, 2x1#) three Genesis K valves, 1 Genesis pro valve, a Suunto compass, an old Oceanic Veo computer, a Ti BFK (not sharp but may give it a go on the Worksharp), stainless bolt snaps, some D rings, a bunch of webbing slide locks, a few reg plugs, ... A bunch of old bungee that went itn the trash. May likely buy new webbing and a wing. But damn, having to take all of it!

Actaully, I won't ever liklely use the valves, so if anyone has an interest in taking and rebuilding, and would pay for a USPS flat rate box, I'd probably be willing to part with those. They turn, but one or two of them are a little scratchy feeling. But I have to get my money back on some of this stuff.

Wait. It was free so if I get nothing, I guess I'm coming out ahead.

Though now I have to start looking into wings, maybe for a double set up...

What should I do with my 150-dive Scubapro Hydros Pro?

It’s just terrible when you get good useful stuff for free. I got an aluminum 1 tank backplate like yours in a rig I bought in July. The tech I talked to at Dive Rite says they no longer make them due to lack of demand, not any shortcoming Mine came with an appropriate sized OxyCheq wing (30#?) and a slightly worn but quite usable set of DIR webbing. The only real service it needed was the inflation elbow at the shoulder, and I’m in the process of replacing it with a remote dump unit by Dive Rite.

I can’t speak with any real authority, since I only have a couple of dives on mine, but I think I. Going to really like it. Good luck on getting the wing and fresh webbing you need. There is a series of 5 or 6 videos on You Tube that really goes through setting them up (in detail!!) as well as a couple of stand alones. So far, I’ve spent more time with those than in the water!

Have fun with your “new” rig and be sure to post here with your progress.
🐸

The only real service it needed was the inflation elbow at the shoulder, and I’m in the process of replacing it with a remote dump unit by Dive Rite.
Why would you want to do that? Learn to use the butt dump. If you're in trim, it will work like a charm. If it doesn't, fix your trim.

Why would you want to do that? Learn to use the butt dump. If you're in trim, it will work like a charm. If it doesn't, fix your trim.
Would be good to be able to vent upright in the water like if having to take somebody to the surface? Just guessing.

What should I do with my 150 dive Hysdors Pro?
Keep it, a good travel BC as well [without the weight pockets].
Like a few here we have SS and Al plates and wings and still dive the Hydros pro, easy on/off, grab and go BC for this old bloke.
So much easier to change cylinders on a rocking boat for local diving, I want things easy at my age.
You paid for it, you will not get your money back and it is too good to give away.

keep the lot.

Oh, I have every intention of keeping the SP Hydrospro. I like it a lot - very easy on and off.

Would be good to be able to vent upright in the water like if having to take somebody to the surface? Just guessing.

What he said... ooorrrrr just going to the surface in a controlled ascent and venting air to adjust buoyancy. Why would I do that in a horizontal mode? I just like options, and having spent 30 years using a succession of BCDs with one shoulder dump or another?

If you really wanna get your Speedo in a wad, I’m also installing an AIR2 because I’m used to an integrated inflator. I guess there’s just no accounting for taste! A long time ago, somebody told me I should “ride the horse I came in on”. Words to live by.

🐸

And, if you use the butt dump to vent air and the camera angle is just right, it kinda looks like a fart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom