Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a certified dork diver. I wear my snorkel...mostly because it adds color to underwater photographs. Note avatar. :) Dork Diver 4 life!

This is all great, but I have this picture of diving with a guy wearing a mask with duct tape down the middle, snorkel tied to it with cave line, horse collar BC with CO2 cartridge still attached and rusted in, Voit fins, wetsuit with more patches than original neoprene and a double hose reg on a J-valve with the spring missing...............OH wait, that's MY gear....................

WWDD? - What would Dork's do?

merxlin:
This is all great, but I have this picture of diving with a guy wearing a mask with duct tape down the middle, snorkel tied to it with cave line, horse collar BC with CO2 cartridge still attached and rusted in, Voit fins, wetsuit with more patches than original neoprene and a double hose reg on a J-valve with the spring missing...............OH wait, that's MY gear....................

WWDD? - What would Dork's do?

That's a Geek :)
Dorks would welcome him and help him look for his missing spring.

I second the motion to put an orange shovel on the official logo and T-Shirt. I was also contemplating going to REI and picking one up to ziptie to my gear, but I guess I'm not as original as I thought.

And talk about musicals... I've played waaaaaaayyy too many shows over the years, and you never get any less dorky. proof of musical dorkiness on my website...

As a ex Bass drum player in the marching band in High School I can add that my other business is advertising specialties. I have all the contacts to get t shirts screened, embroidered hats, koozies and even condoms that are imprinted with the Dork divers logo
Let me know if I can help as I want to Join also.

I have a pink mask and snorkel-- can I be a Barbie Dork Diver? I don't have an avatar yet so I guess that makes me Super Barbie Dork Diver!

mberman:
I have a pink mask and snorkel-- can I be a Barbie Dork Diver? I don't have an avatar yet so I guess that makes me Super Barbie Dork Diver!

We are still working on the various classifications.
I would welcome anyone who even thinks they meet the status of Super Barbie DORK diver! They must be fun to be around!:D

Dave
DDHF

untitled.JPG

I already have my bumper sticker.

divermatt:
You can wear a snorkel, as long as you have a 2nd snorkel for redundancy, and both are clean for nitrox. :rofl3: Just be sure you know how to shut down one snorkel and switch to the other.

Can they be differently colored, with one being brighter than the other so it's easily spottable in an emergency? Should I invest in a snorkel necklace so I can wear it next to my reg?

:rofl3: This thread is heaps of fun!!!

I ove this concept.
If you intend to recruit to the lighter side of diving you must indoctrinate. Kool Aid is much too cool, therefore for a true Dork, spreading the word would have to be referred to as "Drinking the Tang".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom