Dork Power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would imagine that 99% of divers are DorkDivers. So what's the problem?

98% of the 99% don't know they are dorks.

Now THAT is a great answer!!!

All great comedians know..., the humour is in the truth :dork2::dork2:

98% of the 99% don't know they are dorks.

They know it but are in denile and won't admit it.

I think the forum is right where it should be. I am in Canada, there are members from the mid-west and even Australia. That seems pretty non-geographic to me. Besides, by having the forum burried, it adds a modicum of exclusivity to our club. While applicants only have to ask if they want to join, having the forum where it is requires new applicants do a little searching as well.

:dork2: power!

Why are we banished in the deep crevices of "NON-Geographic Club"?
Because that's what we *are*. :D
Why are all the best DORKY threads prompty moved to "Humor", "The PUB", or some non descriptive hole in the board?
They're not. If they're in General, they get moved to Humor, as General is for *actual* scuba discussion. If they're political or otherwise worthy, they're moved to the pub so the rest of us don't have to see them. :D If they're *here*, they tend not to get moved anywhere, as they're already home. :biggrin:
Why don't we demand that we have a prominent place, in the main scubaboard column, the scubadiving central, right above the technical diver column?
Because if there's *anything* that Dork Diving is, at its very core Dork Diving is the veritable *antithesis* of such demands. Dork Divers don't *need* to demand anything, as the whole point is to relax and have safe fun. It hurts no one for the Dork Divers forum to be wherever it is, and we above all others strive to be so content in ourselves that we need not have a prominent place. We don't need to proselytize, although we're always happy to share.

Let others be prominent. Let those who see us come (or even go) as they wish. Dork Divers will just continue to have safe fun and welcome any and all who would like to join us.

:dork2::dork2::dork2::dork2:

I'm PROUD to be a DORK!! Wait, I am a dork aren't I?? I'm sure I must be.......
You are now. :biggrin:

Change the name and you might get some response.

Dork Divers is used in good spirits and with good fun in mind but really, who wants to be associated with Dorks?
I think the name is one of the keys to the whole concept. Sure, you'd get more people if you called it something cool, but people who feel cool all too often start acting exclusionary. By building into the very name a term that precludes placing yourself on a pedestal, you effectively require at least a modicum of humility and self-deprecation of those who may wish to join. If a diver isn't secure enough in himself to laugh at himself, he's still too up-tight to let go and just enjoy himself.

Frankly, a smaller, happier group may be better than a larger, more popular, less enjoyable group. :D

Frankly it doesn't matter to me where they are put cause I never even look at where they are started. I find new threads to subscribe to from the new posts feature.

(btw, when did you become green? I thought you were something other than blue, but have you always been green? Does that mean you have special SB powers? Cool)
Blue, red, green... I'm apparently going through the primaries. :biggrin:
I vote ClayJar for President!
Not *those* primaries! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom