Dove Cypress and Morrison Today...Report w/Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to put it on your list. Awesome cavern, and when the basin is clear there are some nice things to look at.

I need to do Morrison next time I am in town, never have been there and this really makes me jealous!

Nice pix what camera system did you use?

Canon G10 with two DS 51 Ikelite strobes. It is only my third dive with this camera so I am still learning what settings work best. Great camera...you can use it as a "point and shoot" or put it in manual and use it much like an SLR. Biggest draw back I have seen is the lack of possibilities with optional lens. But, other then that...I am very pleased with it.

Nice pix what camera system did you use?

Glen, did you use your dive light as a focus light? The pics are very sharp for not being so close in the dark. Were you on manual settings or auto? I love the entrance shots at both caverns.

Glen, did you use your dive light as a focus light? The pics are very sharp for not being so close in the dark. Were you on manual settings or auto?

Yes, on some shots I used my 3 watt on my hand as a focus light. Sometimes when I want the flash to fire a little less I try to fool it with the focus light. The auto mode really doesn't work well underwater. I have the two preset buttons set to the manual settings I use most of the time...one is for macro shots...the other for shots that are farther away.

I love the entrance shots at both caverns.

I find the entrance to most caverns some of the best shots. Here are a few more shots I liked from the day.
DiverShadow.jpg

anthonyentering2.jpg

cypressentrance3.jpg

Pretty sad that cypress isnt easily accesible. It is one of the prettiest springs Ive ever seen. Then again, maybe thats why.

I personally enjoy the fact that when I go there, my group will almost assuredly be the only one there. I'm glad its the way it is :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom