Down Under Dive Shop Gulf Shores, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I decide to keep going after cavern I will be taking the classes with Jeff Loflin.

Good idea, he lives near the caves, and dives them on the regular basis. Its not just an occassional thing for him to get out of the saltwater :) Thats what people need as a cave instructor, someone who's normal diving, is cave diving.

Thanks everyone for the information about the Down Under Dive Shop so far. I am leaving today to head to Gulf Shores. My dives with the shop will be on Sunday. I will update the thread on the experience with the shop when I get back. Lets see if the weather cooperates.

Thanks,

Murph

I'm going on a trip down there August 13-16 diving on the USS Oriskany. Seen on another post that Whale Sharks have been sited down there! SWEEET! Also from looking at your profile you seem to be a fellow Ricks diver?

I'll be down there this weekend getting certified with them. Friday and Saturday will be class/pool time. Then will be doing the open water dives on Sunday and Monday. Cant wait!!

My trip was a 6 hour charter on August 2nd. We dove the Atlantis site and we had a whale shark visit with us. I was able to get some decent pictures of it given the visibility. I also was able to hold onto its dorsal fin and get pulled about 10 feet. It was the highlight of my diving career so far.

Murph

I'm going on a trip down there August 13-16 diving on the USS Oriskany. Seen on another post that Whale Sharks have been sited down there! SWEEET! Also from looking at your profile you seem to be a fellow Ricks diver?

Yes, I got my OW and AOW certifications at Rick's. Considering trying to squeeze Rescue in this year.

Murph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom