DPV Construction Begun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes. "Great Stuff" must be a styrene type foam. Polyester resin will eat it like cotton candy once it heats up during curing. I found this out as a kid making skimboards. I cut a blank out of polystyrene wall insulation and got a suprise after laying the first layer of polyester resin glass. The whole thing turned into a bubbling mess.

Great dialog on the design/construction.

Will

Anyone mind if I resurect this thread? I'm looking to make my own DPV, but I'm going to go the way of PVC. I'm pretty sure I have the main body, battery, and general concept down, but the harder parts have to deal with the motor and controls. The one thing I was wondering is if it is possible to expose the motor to the water directly without adverse effects? (Stupid question I know)

What if I used a 12volt Bilge Pump Motor and retained most of the casing? Do you think that would work?

BTW, have you completed this project?

eclipse785:
Anyone mind if I resurect this thread? I'm looking to make my own DPV, but I'm going to go the way of PVC. I'm pretty sure I have the main body, battery, and general concept down, but the harder parts have to deal with the motor and controls. The one thing I was wondering is if it is possible to expose the motor to the water directly without adverse effects? (Stupid question I know)

What if I used a 12volt Bilge Pump Motor and retained most of the casing? Do you think that would work?

BTW, have you completed this project?
me too,,, bump

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom