Draft DIMWIT Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a Dork Diver to DIMWIT crossover program or do I have to start all over from scratch?

We'll have to look a little closer to the requirements, but I think it should be an easy crossover. There will definitely be a lack of paperwork to fill out. I think the key requirement will be to dive or at least attempt to dive with a current DIMWIT. Logbook proof of having dove with a DIMWIT will be accepted.

This DIMWIT thing is starting to grow out of control. I think we need someway to identify ourselves in order to recognize standing in the association. I suggest a sequential numbering system similar to NAUI, PADI, SSI, etc. Here is a partial list (in no particular order), we can expand it from there:

Zinc - DIMWIT #1
K-Valve - DIMWIT #1
scubashawn123 - DIMWIT #1
Zzzking - DIMWIT#1
Mack Diver - DIMWIT #1
texdiveguy - DIMWIT #1
Bogrady - DIMWIT #1

I'm sure I missed several, but it is a start.

Insert between 8 & 9:

Gear should be configured based on the divers personal preference. Other divers may or may not understand your reasoning, but that is there problem. After all, you know that they are secretly jealous of your creative genius.

Never criticize another divers gear configuration. They are secretly a creative genius. If you feel that their gear configuration will place you or them in some jeopardy, see guideline # 2.

Excellent Mack! Will incorporate.

As a displaced native of The Island (that would be Long Island to the uninformed among you) - I’d be happy to act as your guide and interpreter of native Texas diving culture when you come down do your DIMWIT certification dives. I’m do need to ask -What exit? – It might have an impact on your eventual standing among the DIMWITs.

If I understand Jersey diving correctly - you would be the most qualified to write the DIMWIT manual section on the correct use of pony bottles - please include graphs and charts about the time to imminent death vs. bottle size vs. how you sling/attach the bottle.

We could certainly use some outside help, especially when it comes to the part about how to mount a pony. We have laws against that in Texas.

As a displaced native of The Island (that would be Long Island to the uninformed among you) - I’d be happy to act as your guide and interpreter of native Texas diving culture when you come down do your DIMWIT certification dives. I’m do need to ask -What exit? – It might have an impact on your eventual standing among the DIMWITs.

If I understand Jersey diving correctly - you would be the most qualified to write the DIMWIT manual section on the correct use of pony bottles - please include graphs and charts about the time to imminent death vs. bottle size vs. how you sling/attach the bottle.

Don't forget the part about which arm pit is lean and which arm pit is rich........

Trying to keep us safe in the DIMWIT diving community.

This DIMWIT thing is starting to grow out of control. I think we need someway to identify ourselves in order to recognize standing in the association. I suggest a sequential numbering system similar to NAUI, PADI, SSI, etc. Here is a partial list (in no particular order), we can expand it from there:

Zinc - DIMWIT #1
K-Valve - DIMWIT #1
scubashawn123 - DIMWIT #1
Zzzking - DIMWIT#1
Mack Diver - DIMWIT #1
texdiveguy - DIMWIT #1
Bogrady - DIMWIT #1

I'm sure I missed several, but it is a start.

Timeliner would be a #1 also. He's the one that tested and perfected the zip tie brake caliper repair technique.

I'd like to take the stock tank speciality. Is it "natural" stock tanks, or does it include man-made (i.e. well fed, windmill, etc)? What about metal stock tanks? Or Concrete? I'm originally from the Amarillo / Lubbock area, so what about diving in stock tanks during a sand storm? Geez, the education opportunities are endless!

My personal experience is with the kind you make with a dozer. No experience whatsoever with diving any type of water during a sandstorm. We'll be looking to you for that. I DO have some experience diving during a sleet/snowstorm and may have some wisdom to share there.

I have a company that can make us flags, stickers, mask straps and other goodies with the DIMWIT logo. There is a $15.00 setup fee and minimum orders for each of the products. I know that mask straps require a minimum of 25 and the logo would be in black or white, depending on the background.

If we get enough interest, I can place the order next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom