Dreams of purple fins and an orange snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just pokin fun at ya Clay. The DD forum has been too quiet.
Hehe, yeah, I didn't miss the joking. You should know by now that mine is a dry wit, and that I tend to reply to fun jabs with long-winded bits of subtle humor that on occasion may take a bit of parsing to appreciate.

Frankly, it's either subtly ironic dry humor or really bad puns, and I'm afraid if I go with the really bad puns, I may be *required* to solo dive. :biggrin:

And after 52F last weekend, those folks in dry suits sure looked like they had the right idea!
The one thing they don't teach you when you buy a drysuit is that drysuit divers must *never* say anything to wetsuit divers about how warm and toasty they are. It may be acceptable in *some* situations to answer a direct question about warmth if such a question cannot be avoided, but letting it be known that you're actually going to have to take off a layer before the second dive so you don't get so hot... that is a *huge* faux pas. Occasionally, even something as seemingly innocuous as a smile may be enough to bring physical harm down upon the drysuit diver. (Thankfully, the danger is somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's hard to beat someone up if you're numb and shivering uncontrollably.)

Of course, once a wetsuit diver is finally drawn in to the Dry Side, you can then talk with them about... what's the phrase?... how *freakin'* ***COLD*** it was diving wet. If they're right on the edge, it is also permissible to taunt them in order to help them off the cliff into the land of dry, but you have to be sure they really want to go there, lest you end up shunned more than you would have been had you happened to be telling some *really* great groaners from your pun collection. :D

The one thing they don't teach you when you buy a drysuit is that drysuit divers must *never* say anything to wetsuit divers about how warm and toasty they are. It may be acceptable in *some* situations to answer a direct question about warmth if such a question cannot be avoided, but letting it be known that you're actually going to have to take off a layer before the second dive so you don't get so hot... that is a *huge* faux pas. Occasionally, even something as seemingly innocuous as a smile may be enough to bring physical harm down upon the drysuit diver. (Thankfully, the danger is somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's hard to beat someone up if you're numb and shivering uncontrollably.)

Of course, once a wetsuit diver is finally drawn in to the Dry Side, you can then talk with them about... what's the phrase?... how *freakin'* ***COLD*** it was diving wet. If they're right on the edge, it is also permissible to taunt them in order to help them off the cliff into the land of dry, but you have to be sure they really want to go there, lest you end up shunned more than you would have been had you happened to be telling some *really* great groaners from your pun collection. :D

Although, there is that one person per dive session that doesn't quite get the zipper closed, or forgot to replace a seal. Wetsuit divers revenge to see a drysuit with elephantitis, or someone ringing out their undies :D

And we all know if someone comes out of 50 degree water in a wetsuit warm, what they did to warm up the inside :rofl3:

yep the pic's are of vortex. they are from my second check out dive. the water was pretty cold but it did not phase me much. i had a farmer john on under the t shirt. i did rent a full suit but it took 30 pounds of weight to put me on the bottom witch i hated becouse i could barely lift my belt. so i lost the jacket and put on a steal tank so i could lose ten pounds of lead.

the shirt says ''procastinators unite tommrow'' it defently suits me LOL

ill be leaveing out with my friends for pecock springs and orange grove tonight. i wont be diving as far as i know but i will be working on my snorkling and free diveing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom