Drilling a hole in my full foot fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

911_abuser

Reaction score
I prefer full foot fins because they are light weight and more comfortable than wearing booties. There is only one drawback that I've been having. When boat diving or entering/exiting heavy surf it is much easier to lose the fins because there are no straps to put your arms through.

So I was thinking of drilling a small hole and putting some type of stainless steel ring through the hole, that way I can use a retractor or other type clip to clip the fins while entering exiting boat/surf.

What do you think? Will this compromise the integrity of the fin? We are referring to Plana Avanti Tre. See Photo to recommend location on where to drill.

Fernando

if you have a retractor why not just thread it through the foot pocket, from where the foot goes in, through the toe opening and then clip back onto the line? No reason to drill a hole when there's already one there.

When I was a teenager, I put brass grommets into the front edge of my Otarie fins. It didn't affect their use.

I used the grommets to hang the fins on the back of my bedroom door.

I would drill through the blade part. I think it would be tough enough to hold without ripping or splitting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom