Drinking and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doos

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for some input...

I know in the OW course they tell you not to drink the night before you go diving. Fair enough. I'm heading to Cozumel for 2 weeks, in January; while the intent is to get in as much diving as possible, I'm pretty sure there are a few margarita's out there with my name on them.

Now, oviously, if things go awry (which can happen), and I wake up still 1/2 looped in the morning, diving is out for the day. What if I have a few drinks, and a mild hangover in the morning? Where is the limit? Are there things other than dehydration to factor in?

Just to reiterate...I'm not talking about diving after a major bender; just diving after having 1 or 2 drinks more than maybe I should have.

Thanks.

I'm not saying that anyone should drink the night before a dive, but I have many a time had a few the night before, not sloshing drunk, but a pleasant buzz. I think the thing to do is keep yourself well hydrated (with water or sports drinks) and get plenty of sleep after consumption of alcohol. No your limits and don't go past that.
My 2 cents.

just my .02 worth....

you need to decide your priority. Drink or dive, don't do both. And if having more than you "plan" is a regular occurence I might suggest that you consider giving up the drink entirely. Could be a problem waiting to happen....

Have a great time!

Drink a lot more water than Margarits..........anyway, with screen name like that, who cares. Just don't act like a DOOS. Should have made mine POES.

Back
Top Bottom