Drysuit and squeeze question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a lot of variables, the amount of air you started of with, the cut of the suit, the material it's made of, the depth of the dive....

I totally agree and this is exactly what I have been saying.

Your body has nothing to do with the stiffness of the vacuumed suit, the air in the suit is the thing getting compressed and the resulting vacuum is the force keeping the suit stiff.
There's a lot of variables, the amount of air you started of with, the cut of the suit, the material it's made of, the depth of the dive.... But no matter the variables it's a thing that has happened to people. You have first hand accounts of people getting bruised in this thread and a reported fatality.
Simultanteously. Not having the suit hooked up, doesn't mean "instant death"

You're not going to get crushed to death by having the suit not hooked up, you might loose mobility have a hard time breathing but you're not going to get imploded.

OK, those of you who dive in a drysuit...

How many people have NEVER jumped in without connecting their drysuit inflation hose at some time in the past?

OK, those of you who dive in a drysuit...

How many people have NEVER jumped in without connecting their drysuit inflation hose at some time in the past?
I jumped in yesterday and in the process of hitting the inflator the first time it popped off by accident with my dry glove ring...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom