drysuit fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indscuba

Reaction score
Just got a used viking drysuit where can i get the manual for it? The suit is a med. any idea what size fins i should use with it. With my wet suit have been useing med

Indscuba:
You might try their website. The previous owner did not have a manual? Try your old fins on the boots, if they don't fit, you may need to bring the suit with you to try on a new pair.
I would also recommend a Dry Suit course. Diving in a dry suit is different from wetsuit diving. You should get some training in its use. Where are you from? An instructor on the board may be close enough that you could take a course from them. Good Luck!
RonC.

A drysuit is not just another passive piece of equipment you just put on and use; it takes training to learn how to use it safely & effectively.

As for what size fin pocket: the only way to tell is to actually try on your fins with the drysuit because EVERY drysuit is different in how large (or small) the boot is.

Some people (lucky stiffs!) can use the same fins with their wetsuit booties as they do with their drysuit. At this point in time, I have two pairs. However, since they are both older sets, I may just wander out & see what is available these days... maybe I'll get lucky? :wink:

Good luck!

~SubMariner~

he-he, I'm one of those "luck stiffs" that can use my fins with wetsuit boots or my drysuit, but I's agree with the previous posts, you need to try them on to see if they fit, and it's also definitely a good idea to get some training before you just go out and dive in it. (I've seen people ascending feet first from a dive, and though unharmed, lets just say they din't enjoy the experience)

Back
Top Bottom