Drysuit Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, while I got you all here, What size fin do you all suggest? I am quite a drive from my LDS so would probably have to order online. I have a size 10 rock boot. The XL in the Mares plana avanti seem to fit fine. But the L jetfin is too small. Would I be alright with a XL in any brand of fin? Thanks

I use Apollo split fin and love them. They are easy on the knees and ankles and have good buoyancy characteristics.

Hi all, just bought my first drysuit and a pair of size 12 rockboots..after much reading I have just ordered a set of Hollis F1s which should be here in a week. I have dived in both Bio Fins(on my ow course) and more recently Oceanic V8s so will be interested in difference. Will post my findings as soon as they arrive and I get in the water

If you are going to use frog kick get one of the three mentioned. If you are going to use the flutter kick and want something with power that is easy on your knees and ankles check out Apollo split fins. I do a lot of surface swims and they are the best that I have tried. The paddle fins are better for the frog kicks and helicopter turns.

dry suit diver up here in the Victoria area and with our currents and the weight of gear I prefer spilt fins, especially since vis can be an issue I prefer a fin style that does more to limit kicking up silt from the bottom. I use scubapro's twin jet max. With split fins the techinque to get the most effective use out them is also going to kick up no silt. As far as fitness, well I am a rugby forward so leg strength is important along with overal fitness for me and as part of my other pursuits include racing bicycles and middle distance track.

Just finished my first dives with the Hollis F1s...diving on a wreck 22 metres down in 9 degrees water..impressions...although heavier than my split fins, I love them. So easy to put on with the spring straps, great through the water using either a flutter type kick or frog kick, easy to get around inside the wreck.

Hollis F1s rock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom