Drysuit in Bahamas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a few people that dive dry in warmer waters, citing the cumulative effects of multiple dive days plus surface intervals in wet gear. I think it's very sensible. True, you'll see far more wetsuits than you see drysuits, but truth be told, I'd far prefer to dive dry if I could. I've seen folk wear anything from aertex-like long underwear to ordinary sweat pants and a long-sleeved sweater under their suits. If you get hot during SI, well, that's why surface dips were invented!

Drysuit it is!! I'll take a pair of under armor and should be all good. Thanks for the feedback.

I dive dry any time the water is colder than body temperature...

Florida
Hawaii
Curacao
Bonaire
Cayman Islands
Red Sea
Truk Lagoon

Thanks, you just helped me make up my mind to order a sport skin for my fusion......it's only 1.5 lbs heavier than my 3mil wetsuit (probably less on the way home as the lycra will dry faster than neoprene)

I would wear the drysuit in tropical waters, I do get cold easy, and last winter when I was in Roatan, and then Belize I wore a 3mil full suit and was ok for the first dive and that was it, I get chilled to easily. I am going to Bonaire in June and I am going to go with a 5mil fullsuit and a 3 mil fullsuit. That way I can do what I have to in order to keep warm. My drysuit is a bit heavy to pack for a flight.

I am going to Bonaire in June and I am going to go with a 5mil fullsuit and a 3 mil fullsuit. That way I can do what I have to in order to keep warm. My drysuit is a bit heavy to pack for a flight.

How much does your drysuit weigh? I know my Atlan neoprene one weighs a ton (especially when wet) but a Fusion with a sport skin is only 5.5lbs vs my Bare Elasktek 3 mil @ 4lbs.

For my trip to Cozumel I packed my 2 mil shorty & 3 mil full which, combined, weigh more than a Fusion with a light undergarment.

For one or two dives, a light wet suit might be OK. I was there for a week last April on a liveaboard, with water temps in the 72-74 degree range, and 5 dives a day. Next trip will have me taking my DUI 30/30 for sure.

How much does your drysuit weigh? I know my Atlan neoprene one weighs a ton (especially when wet) but a Fusion with a sport skin is only 5.5lbs vs my Bare Elasktek 3 mil @ 4lbs.

For my trip to Cozumel I packed my 2 mil shorty & 3 mil full which, combined, weigh more than a Fusion with a light undergarment.
I have the Pinnacle Evo2 which is a trilam but the outside layer is cordura nylon. I would venture to say that the suit itself weighs over 20 pounds.

I haven't actually weighed the suit so don't quote me on that. I can say that my 5 mil and 3 mil full suits together do weigh less than the drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom