Drysuit Socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone use ski/mountaineering socks for use in a drysuit. Is wool a good choice or would a synthetic be better?
--
Robert

I have the 400g booties that came with my DUI drysuit. I don't like them because of their loose fit so I switched to some fleece socks. I like them but they are too short. The only socks I see that are long are either wool mountaineering socks or synthetic ski socks.

Syn. Snowboard shocks, dual use and they go up high on the calf. Wool will lose insulating power when wet and can lose shape after many uses.

If you're not going the heavyweight 400G boot-grade Thinsulate route, Cabela sells some Polartec fleece socks that have been keeping my tootsies warm and dry. Less than $20 (last year) a pair, they're over the calf and came in a variety of weights.

www.cabela.com or something similar.

Steven

there is a woman selling fleece socks on Ebay for around $28. I got 2 pairs for that price. they seem very well made and they are 200g. I'll check to see if she's selling anyting and I'll post in on here. She also makes undies. I have no affiliation with her in any way shape or form. I just won one of her auctions.

a thick pair of skiing socks - mainly because the new boots they put on were a little large! One size down was too small - why have I got such strange shaped feet!!

Mine are synthetic and keep me nice and toasty in winter....

Jonathan

Are made for USIA. I think it is from their Isotherm III line. 400 grams of thinsolite and a water resistant nylon shell. Fit very well.
If you get a chance try a pair. Hundred times better than the DUI style. Their suits may not be top notch but the undies are.

Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom