Drysuit / Wetsuit marriage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,

I experimented with this combination several years ago when I showed up at a local quarry and had forgotten my undergarments.

Here are the results - on a warm day (like everyday in FL) you will sweat uncontrollably. Your dry suit will fill up with sweat and will permanently smell like an old locker room.

That being sad, I was fairly warm for a short dive in 60 degree water.

For warm water dry suit diving head over to your local hunting store like Gander Mountain (they sell dive gear someplaces now) and get some nice comfy light weight fleece long johns. Also, Under Armor makes nice polypro underwear that is as flexible and comfortable as anything on the planet, plus it breathes.

I want to thank everyone for your wonderful answers. You have given me WAY MORE information than I expected. I will make some calls, and order some undies that fit me.

Thanks again

Cheers :D

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom