Dugong sightings marsa alam 2023?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J

Jeffers

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello there, I am unable to scuba dive next year so looking to go snorkeling in Marsa Alam to try and find the famous Dugong. Has anyone seen the dugong in Marsa Alam this year and have any tips for where/how to see them? Plus any recommendations for eco friendly hotels to stay near where they can be spotted? I don't want to end up on a boat with lots of tourists who don't respect the Dugong

Thanks a lot,

On the seagrass meadow in front of Extra Divers Equinox and Abu Dabbab Bay.
Have a look ar Marsa Shagra Village, although it may be hard staying there and not diving... They have excursion to the Abu Dabbad and a great house reef.

On the seagrass meadow in front of Extra Divers Equinox and Abu Dabbab Bay.
Have a look ar Marsa Shagra Village, although it may be hard staying there and not diving... They have excursion to the Abu Dabbad and a great house reef.
Thank you very much this is really useful info. Yeah I hope to get back to diving very soon! :)

Hi Jeffers
The dugong deserted Abu Dabbab bay a long time ago, I think.
or very far like here below

Abu Dabbab 2008 (memorabilia)

Maybe in Marsa Mubarak but the life jacket is imposed.
At El Nabaa (equinox) perhaps better luck or at Torfa Tany (where I have seen them several times in the past)
Good luck

@dcvf2 Confusing post...
Is the first video not from 2023 at Abu Dab(b)ab?
Is El Nabaa not the same as "in front of Equinox"?
Don't know where you got your information from, but there have been sightings of the dugong this year, in September to be precise :wink::cool:

[SIZE=17px]@ "JustSurfaceInterval[/SIZE]"
It's clear written for the first video : "Abu Dabab 2023 Dugong & Schilkröte"
Yes Equinox is in the front of "El Nabaa".
Dugong for me that was in 2009... during 21
holidays in red sea (and a break between 2008 and 2022 covid etc)… and in 2018 at Abu Dabbab I haven't seen any dugong :crying:
And nothing this year at "Shams Alam" and "Mangrove Bay"

Hello there, I am unable to scuba dive next year so looking to go snorkeling in Marsa Alam to try and find the famous Dugong. Has anyone seen the dugong in Marsa Alam this year and have any tips for where/how to see them? Plus any recommendations for eco friendly hotels to stay near where they can be spotted? I don't want to end up on a boat with lots of tourists who don't respect the Dugong

Thanks a lot,
Abu Dabbab Lodge

Back
Top Bottom