dui drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: That funny Gary!

I found the self donning suit is self donning. It takes a little effort - but it is possible.

Minh

RJP:
Gary D.:
I would suspect that when she's try to self don three or four guys jump in and try to help her. Can't be self-donning if you've got 8 hands working it!
:rofl3:

iDiveChick:
I found the so called self donning diagnonal zipper on the front not self donning at all. Iam a very flexible girl, but I prefer should zippers, and DUI has that available on their CF2000 suit.
yeah im still caught up on the value of the cost saving effects of the shoulder entery design versus the self donning front zipper, the CLXse is the same as the ClX450 but has shoulder entry and seems to be a good deal im just unsure about the practicality of ablosutly needing a dive buddy to zip me up ive tried on the cf200 and there is no way i could zip it by my self

seeboth:
hey im looking at my first drysuit, mainly for cold water, but im sure ill njoy it in the summer too, untill its too warm, but im caught up with a question, it seems to me that once im spending the money on a drysuite i might as well get the higher quality, or more durable i should say. im looking at dui my LDS sells them and ive only heard rave reviews fo their customer service. but my question revolves around the model, i cant decied between the TLS350 or the CLX450, the clx seems to be a better value, but ive noticed my dive budies with the tls have far less trouble with the zipper, than my friends with the clx. it seems like the heavier material of the clx causes more wear on the zipper than the light nylon tri-lam of the tls, and therefore the clx has to get its zipper surviced more often? has anyone else seen this or do my friends just not take care of their zippers? any segustions between the two suits, honestly the CLXse seems like a nice choice too, but ive only been turned away from the shoulder entry models ?
thanks

If equal care is taken of the suits the zippers should last just as long without problems.

I don't consider myself particularly flexible, but I have no problems self-donning the DUI TLS350 they lent me at DUI DOG days and plan to purchase one soon.

The CLX has the telescoping torso, whereas the CLXse does not.

Minh

seeboth:
yeah im still caught up on the value of the cost saving effects of the shoulder entery design versus the self donning front zipper, the CLXse is the same as the ClX450 but has shoulder entry and seems to be a good deal im just unsure about the practicality of ablosutly needing a dive buddy to zip me up ive tried on the cf200 and there is no way i could zip it by my self

I have the CLX450, no problem getting it on or off; just remember to make sure it is telescoped all the way out.

The zippers work great, I don't know why anyone would have problems with them.

Jeff

seeboth:
im just unsure about the practicality of ablosutly needing a dive buddy to zip me up ive tried on the cf200 and there is no way i could zip it by my self
With a bit practice and putting the gray matter to work you CAN get into and out of back zip units on your own.:wink:

Gary D.

Whether you choose the TLS350 or CLX450, one MAJOR recomendation I would would be to get a custom sized suit if you can afford the extra bucks. I made the terrible mistake of getting a stock suit and trying to alter it later. It never fit right and I wound up canning the thing. I eventually got a custom TLS350 2 years ago and I have been very pleased with it.

I agree. I fit into the stock size pretty well, but when you spend that much money I'm gonna go for the custom. The extra features those models come with are worth it too for me.

I have a Clx 50/50. It's the Clx top mated with a Cf200 bottom. If your top and bottom are different stock sizes it works out to getting custom without the upcharge.

I ordered the old style zipper when I had my suit made. I've never had a problem with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom