DUI Event

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll try to answer most of the questions here.

Tickets are $15. Emerald Sea in Richardson has tickets. Oceanic Ventures in Houston may have tickets. They came last year and I know they are DUI dealers.

A ticket gets you in the gate, lets you demo a DUI suit, and dive. Lunch is included.

Dinner is a separate $8 ticket. I don't recall what was served last year.

If you come out for the event you are really better off buying an event ticket. Its cheaper than normal gate admission and lunch is included.

HTH,

TwoBit

Can we buy event tickets there? If not, we don't do business with Oceanic Ventures any more so I'd have to get them somewhere else. No...don't ask.

tom are you sure there $15, because last year they weere $5 each and the admission for the day was $15 with the ticket and then dinner was $8 last year

but one question i have is why is ESD selling the tickets because there not a dealer according to DUI's list and Oceans Window is, strange

Dee, i would be someone in the dallas area would be more then willing to get you your tickets inadvance since you dont do business with that one shop.

Dan

Oops,

My bad. I just reread the posting and Tooth you are right. I have no idea how much the ticket is this year (probably $5) and the gate fee is reduced to $15. So ticket and gate fee is $20. (Same as normal gate fee).

I don't know if tickets will be available at the gate.

I was trusing second hand info (TexasMike) on ESD having tickets to the event. Last year I bought my ticket from my DM instructor.

I have been too busy to track down tickets to the event.

Considering I work in Plano I can try to get by Oceans Window and see if they have tickets or if they are going to get some.

Dee,

I'm sure somene can get your ticket in advance. I don't know if they are sold at the gate.

Sorry about your falling out with OV.

And sorry about any confusion I may have caused.

TwoBit

Tom...no problem. If you find out where to get the tickets, just let me know. The whole DUI thing isn't that big a deal to us either way. We just want to see everyone and visit a bit.

Hey there, I plan on meeting some people from Austin there. I'm staying with friends in Terrell.

In case the Austin folks don't show - I'd like to meet up with others there. Let me know who's going!

Thanks,
Kathy

I thought the following website may be of more help. And,although it doesn't say it on the website, the cost for a ticket is $5,advanced purchase or not. The only difference is an advanced purchase will get $5 off the entry fee to CSSP...$15 instead of $20. Here is the best info I could find:

http://www.dui-online.com/newsite/dog_clearsprings_2003_diver.htm

Water temp at CSSP on Nov8th was 68 degrees with a vis of 10-15 feet.

P.S....we just got back from Coz on the 1st...water temp 80...vis 100+ feet....yeah,it was just horrible. :wink:

I just called Emerald Sea Divers, and they do not have the tickets, contrary to what DUI's website says. So, Tuckers must be the only ones in the D/FW that does. Where are they? I'm in Richardson, so it's too bad ESD didn't get any.

=Steve=

the reason why emerald sea divers doesnt have the DUI tickets is that they lost there DUI dealer status shortly after the dog days event last year.

its kind of sad because they were the last stocking dealer in the north dallas area, but it seems a few lines of products were dropped out after the new owner took over, but then again i dont go to ESD anymore, but thats another story. oh well i will buy my ticket at the gate i guess.

spthomas once bubbled...
Tuckers must be the only ones in the D/FW that does. Where are they?
=Steve=

Tucker's is in Grand Prairie, on Hwy 80, just east of downtown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom