DUI Weight harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I both use the DUI W&T II, and like it a lot. My wife swore off weight belts after a weight belt swore off her during AOW, and she found the DUI harness fits well, is comfortable, and stays in place. She is just under 5' tall and she's managed to adjust a size Small harness to fit perfectly. She found it's even easy to adjust underwater. I went with one as well so we would have the same equipment, and I won't go back to weight belts either--just not comfortable.

The weights are very secure (combination velcro and nylon cord threaded into the harness) but easy to remove. I'd say re-installing the weights is maybe the only (minor) annoyance with this system, but really it only takes a couple of minutes.

As other posters said, sometimes I walk around with the full load of weights and not notice they're there. We've worn them with anything from swimsuits/rashguards in the Caribbean to St. Lawrence -caliber wetsuits.

I also use the WT2 harness. Two thumbs up! Love it.

rongoodman:
Do they interfere with the cannister of a primary light?

I use the WT2 with a can light and I don't find it to be a problem.

My can light is has a loop of webbing which the belt part of the Transpac harness is threaded through. There is enough slack in the webbing loop so that I can adjust the cannister so that it doesn't interfere.

OTOH my buddy mounts his cannister off the side of his Transpac (in the space between the wing and the tank). This obviously also keeps it clear of the WT2.

Both approaches work.

I use both and they work well but I customized them to better serve my needs.

I love mine, too! I didn't like using the weight integration system on my bc because I use so much weight (dry suit, cold water) that it made donning and doffing difficult, and my dive buddy had a hard time picking up my rig. It also makes carrying the weight so easy, I sometimes forget I have it on.

I don't use it in warm water, because a few pounds in the integrated pockets is fine.

It does shift occasionaly, though. I have to tighten the waist as my suit compresses to keep that from happening....it moves less than a belt, though.

Thanks for the input guys and gals. I'm headed to the LDS to get one on Tuesday.

Winger

Just wanted to add my 2 cents too. I have one and it works great for me. I was extremely frustrated with a weight belt and trying to stuff additioanl weights into an integrated BC. The W&T 2 solved the problem allowing me to switch to a BP/Wing configuration with all the weight on the harness. The additional straps are not bothersome and fit nicely under my my BC straps. Since my wing is rather high on my body, the weight pouches tuck in very nicely under the BC waist belt at my hips. Made my life MUCH easier and eliminated the frustration trying to fight a weight belt.

Back
Top Bottom