Dynamite injures fisherman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's awesome! Sadly, the practice of dynamite fishing is pervasive in Cebu.

Being Happy that someone maimed themselves is sick.

I guess I am sick then.

I feel sorry when I see a guy in Cambodia who got his arm or leg blown off by a land mine, but I don't feel sorry when I see a dynamite fisherman who lost a limb. Too bad he was'nt killed !

I have generally found people to be much larger assholes on-line than in person. I hope that's true in your case.

I don't know many people who would really be that crass or cruel in real life.

Most people think I am an ******* online. I love to troll and wind people up.

But I guess there are also a lot of people in person who think I am an ******* also.

While diving inone of blongas bay dive sites in south lombok (Indonesia) in the end of lastapril, I’ve experienced, as we thought so, a dynamite explosion. And I canreally tell you it's a real unpleasant situation when that happen. It's aninstant sound of choc coming thru your ears that you will never forget, andreally traumatic I can add. We had no way to tell from where it came from,probably from very far we were. While surfacing, we didn't see a single boat inthe horizon, just to tell you the power of the sound travelling from a longdistance under water.
What we also thought would have been a wave crashing on the rocks at thesurface but we doubt about it.

Whilst I won't delight to hear of any human suffering, my sympathy level remains at a constant zero.

Right up there with an armed robber who accidentally shoots themselves in the leg, or a rapist who catches AIDs from a victim.

When people refer to 'dynamite' - it is rarely a stick of 'commercial application low-explosive', but rather a home-made concoction, stuffed into a plastic coke bottle etc. At least, that's what I've seen...

Back
Top Bottom