Early morning La Jolla dive on Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
Actually, it would be nice if Ryan can take us to Casa Cove, never did that one.

I LOVE south casa. great little rip there. basically, you wade into it, inflate the bc and while you are pulling on the fins/adjusting gear, the rip takes you out to the reef. Its a shallow but beautiful dive. I usually go out at South Casa and then back in at the cove. We will have to do this someday.

Terry

Looks like the tide will be at 1 or so. Not very high for the South Casa. Here is the divebums.com site info:

http://www.divebums.com/DiveSites/casa.html#anchor339159

I plan to dive Saturday am, so let me know the exact time and place you guys want to meet up.

Sean

divinman:
I LOVE south casa. great little rip there. basically, you wade into it, inflate the bc and while you are pulling on the fins/adjusting gear, the rip takes you out to the reef. Its a shallow but beautiful dive. I usually go out at South Casa and then back in at the cove. We will have to do this someday.

Terry

divebuddysean:
Looks like the tide will be at 1 or so. Not very high for the South Casa. Here is the divebums.com site info:

http://www.divebums.com/DiveSites/casa.html#anchor339159

I plan to dive Saturday am, so let me know the exact time and place you guys want to meet up.

Sean

7:00am at the Cove, will decide from there depending on conditions......... see you there.

Here is an image of South Casa. Note the sand channel at right. There is your express ticket out to the reef. Comming back in you want to hug the EDGE of this rip. By playing the edge game the incoming waves will help you swim in and you will stay OFF the very shallow structure to the left. Think old style wash board but sharper!!

Oh, when I said back in at the cove i meant childrens pool. some do not wish to come in there so you can exit at Wipe Out beach INSERT SHUTTER HERE. or make the Long swim and come out at Shell Beach. or.....just come back in at South Casa.

Have a great dive no matter where you go.

Terry

Sorry I started all this and have not checked the board since! Sounds like 7am at the Cove and decide from there. If we do South Casa - we would then need to move down to the lifegaurd station over by Casa cove - not easy to park over there! Like other posts have said - it is a fun dive, but I have not been there in awhile and I don't know the 'ins and outs' of getting in and out easily. See you all there tomorrow at 7am - bright and early!

Back
Top Bottom