Eastern USA checking in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Incunabula

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

Been diving for a while now, but hadn't until now reached out to the online community. I'm a strictly rec diver with my wife/buddy. On land, I work in research developing tools and building rigs for behavioral assays. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully pick up some tips/advice from the more experienced of you.

Welcome to SB! Where in the Eastern USA are you?

I'm currently on Long Island, but I'm not from here.
Great! If you want to hang out with other divers and/or get into local diving, check out the Big Apple Divers. They're an active scuba club with monthly get togethers, boat charters and shore diving.

Great! If you want to hang out with other divers and/or get into local diving, check out the Big Apple Divers. They're an active scuba club with monthly get togethers, boat charters and shore diving.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Welcome! When you say tools for behavioral assays, something like Ethovision?

Welcome! When you say tools for behavioral assays, something like Ethovision?
I mostly develop and setup hardware (electronics, sensors, input/output interfaces, etc.). My software development is limited to code needed to run my own gear for the most part, although I deploy a lot of open source software, some if which has similar functionality to Ethovision. Generally we use Bonsai and the various open tools available for it when we have need of machine vision, but that's not terribly often in our lab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom