Eastern USA checking in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sort of, I have a couple of ethovision systems, but they never worked well for my application, so basically I now just have an expensive video capture system!

Sort of, I have a couple of ethovision systems, but they never worked well for my application, so basically I now just have an expensive video capture system!
What are you trying to do?

Track the path length of frogs. The primary issue has been poor video quality. The frogs are tiny in the frame and the tracking software will randomly grab many of the static pixels on the frame. We work in Panama, so even with a decent camera, the electrical sine waves are not stable, and it often generates static. A non-first world problem!

Track the path length of frogs. The primary issue has been poor video quality. The frogs are tiny in the frame and the tracking software will randomly grab many of the static pixels on the frame. We work in Panama, so even with a decent camera, the electrical sine waves are not stable, and it often generates static. A non-first world problem!
That seems like something a UPS, or a power conditioner could solve. The shot noise on a sCMOS should be low enough not to compete with a frog.

We use a power conditioner. Don't underestimate the combo of dirty sine waves, poor wiring, and tiny frogs! :wink: At any rate, welcome again to ScubaBoard, lots to learn here!

Back
Top Bottom