Ebay Auction Sniping (split from DIR Fin thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've always sniped, but I do it manually. It works..

jonnythan:
I've always sniped, but I do it manually. It works..
I usually don't have the time to sit infront of my comp to wait for an auction to end.
Wife and kid, diving, work... :wink:

Robert Phillips:
Every time I have tried to E-Bay XL Jets, I get sniped for $10-15 over LP pricing not including shipping. I have seen XL Jets go for over $80 on E-Bay. You may find Large Jets on E-Bay for $40-50 but watch out for the auction snipers, they are everywhere. It's almost to the point that E-Bay is unusable unless you employ some sort of sniping service.
Good luck with the E-Bay thing, I will go with certainty over that any day.
Robb

I should add that I bought my original pair of large Jets on E-Bay 3 years ago. Before the revival that has occured where everyone wants to dive Jetfins. The last 4 times I have tried to get XL's I have been outbid at the last second by snipers. My max bid on all was $75 because I was willing to pay that much and they were local so I could avoid shipping. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth for E-Bay.

www.auctionsniper.com They charge 1% of purchase price and put your bid in automatically 5 seconds (or whatever time you choose) before the auction ends. It actually ends of saving money since you decide on your max price and never get caught up in a bidding war.

reubencahn:
www.auctionsniper.com They charge 1% of purchase price and put your bid in automatically 5 seconds (or whatever time you choose) before the auction ends.
And this is why E-Bay sucks now. Now You have to pay 3 people for one item.
If they have "Buy it now" and the price is good, that is the only auction I will use.

It actually ends of saving money since you decide on your max price and never get caught up in a bidding war.
What makes it any different than the way it was before these sniper programs came about? You set your max price through E-Bay the same way. Why bother?

To continue the hijack:

Try www.bidslayer.com

A lot cheaper than 1 percent, and very easy to use.

Robert Phillips:
And this is why E-Bay sucks now. Now You have to pay 3 people for one item.
If they have "Buy it now" and the price is good, that is the only auction I will use.

What makes it any different than the way it was before these sniper programs came about? You set your max price through E-Bay the same way. Why bother?

When you put your bid in through Ebay, it increases your bid up to your maximum every time someone bids against you. People keep raising their maximum bid until their bid is higher than yours. Your left with the option of responding or letting the item go. The snipe program puts the bid in when there is too little time for anyone to respond manually. If the max bid they've already put in is higher than your snipe, you'll lose. But if your maximum snipe bid is the high bid, no one will be able to then outbid you. No time is left. I'm probably not explaining this well, but believe me, it works and saves both time and money.

Robert Phillips:

Huge difference. 1. It doesn't attract attention with a lot of bids 2. It doesn't drive up the bidding 3. You can probably buy the product at a much lower price bidding against someone who doesn't use the sniping softwear. 4. You don't have to sit in front of your computer at 4am to make a bid.

I haven't done a manual bid in over a year now.

reubencahn:
Are you bidding through their server or is your computer placing the bid automatically?

I use both. For high dollar items, and things that I "need" rather than want, I use the their server. For everything else, I just let my computer do the bidding.

detroit diver:
Huge difference. 1. It doesn't attract attention with a lot of bids 2. It doesn't drive up the bidding 3. You can probably buy the product at a much lower price bidding against someone who doesn't use the sniping softwear. 4. You don't have to sit in front of your computer at 4am to make a bid.

I haven't done a manual bid in over a year now.
Regardless of the process, it still makes E-Bay suck. If everyine is using sniping software, who wins then? The better program? How about no one!

Back
Top Bottom