Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally didn't find it to be all that great compared to Sunset House or Turtle Reef. But if you're going to do it, late afternoon is a good time, after about 3:30 or so most of the cruisers head back to their ship. Georgetown is a ghost town after 6.

Did this last week. If you tell the dive shop what you're looking for, they'll point you in a direction. In our case it was swim throughs since one of our daughters loves swim throughs. There are several excellent swim throughs here. A big plus is that the walk from the Eden Rock Dive Center to Paradise for an apres dive pop or two is much easier now that there's a sidewalk.

IMHO, the diving is much better via the entry at Eden Rock as opposed to the one at Paradise.

billinwilliamston:
Did this last week. If you tell the dive shop what you're looking for, they'll point you in a direction. In our case it was swim throughs since one of our daughters loves swim throughs. There are several excellent swim throughs here. A big plus is that the walk from the Eden Rock Dive Center to Paradise for an apres dive pop or two is much easier now that there's a sidewalk.

IMHO, the diving is much better via the entry at Eden Rock as opposed to the one at Paradise.

We dove there last thursday. Our first dive of our trip, and we really liked it. The swim throughs were really cool. Next time in Cayman I'll definetly do it again.

P1010011.JPG

My 2 kids and I dove Eden Rock a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I asked one of the DMs there how to do the dive and he was quite helpful. They have a fairly large diagram that shows you the swim throughs, etc., and I think there are 3 buoys that help you know where you are going. I think we swam through 3 or 4 swim throughs that my children really liked.

I did some UW photo work with Cathy Church's photo shop and dove portions of the Sunset House reef that I really enjoyed as well. Apparently, over the years some of CC's staff have "rewarded" some of the fish for cooperating in their photo shoots, and they aren't the least bit afraid of divers. It was kind of comical but one of CC's staff wanted me to take a picture of him swimming over the top of a coral, and a Queen Angel kept insisting that she be in the picture, too, right in front of his head!

Cheers, alashas
http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom