Edmonds Oil Dock, Getting Torn Down??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkaug

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard from a semi-reliable source that the Edmonds Oil Dock will be removed starting Labor Day. First off, any other information about this?
I guess the DNR wants it out due to the creosote pilings. And the new Edmonds-Kingston Ferry Dock will be placed in that general area, probably around 2010.

If this is true now is the time to dive there. The vis has been great there, and it is a really cool location.

The good news is that you can dive the dry dock without being to close to ferry and maybe bruce can continue a little south on the park, unless the ferry dock is for an emergency.

Oh yea no more suicide of vehicles drive off the dock in middle of the night, so they probably will yank it out.

Of course the govenor might take the money for the new ferry's when they get close to completion and need more money, she took $100 million from mukilteo ferry relocation.

Anyways it'll happen just when is the ?

Happy Diving

^there ya go, one door closes, another opens. There might be cool diving in the space currently occupied by the ferry.

I,m curious ta see what sealife in that area will make home under the ferry, as it is all gravely rocky from the props through the years of use, and how long before the current will fill it up.

Doin a giat stride off the end of ferry dock would be kool too, raise and lower it for tide.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom