Edmonds Underwater Park Volunteers needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron:
Any topside help needed? I don't think my ankle is strong enough to dive with yet, but I might be able to contribute in some other manner..

tiberiu - - are you guys will provide free air ?

Yes, and Yes!

Sunday we spent the first two hours staging all the materials from the parking lot down to the water's edge. The water's edge was way out past the jetty at that -2 low tide. We hauled a lot of concrete and a boat. We towed the boat out and sank it. The plan is to empty the concrete out of the boat and re-use the boat as a ferry.

Yes, the Edmonds underwater Sports store provides free air fills for the volunteers.

JDR:
Come join us at the EUP. Volunteers for the Edmonds underwater park are always needed. Meet us at 9 AM at the Edmonds Underwater Sports store. If we are not at UW Sports, we will be at the Park. Basic Scuba certification and gear required! Experience is not required, I started volunteering at the park two months after I started diving and I've been volunteering there off and on for the last 9 years.

Unfortunately volunteers for the park, in this region of 3.8 million people, are few and far between. Saturdays there are typically 2 to 4 volunteers, Sundays are typically just Bruce, or Bruce and a single volunteer. Come out on any weekend, join us and support one of the best divesites in Puget Sound.

Bruce Higgins drives a distinctive red pickup which is always full of dive gear, lift drums and items for the park. The Edmonds UW Sports store donates airfills for the park volunteers.
Current projects include laying out concrete blocks and threading rope to extend a trail. finding, lifting and moving concrete arches with the lift drums, etc.
The vis is great right now, and the park is a fantastic place to enjoy the kelpbeds and marine life.
Show up, learn to actually do something underwater, get some exercise, and enjoy the camaraderie of some great people who are making a difference in Puget Sound.

Current projects include building more rock reefs on Erratic way and working on the shore end of Centennial Way.
Come out and join us!

JDR:
It's that time of week again. Time for me to remind you that the EUP is always looking for volunteers.
Come join us and Dive!
I’m back in town and I’ll be volunteering at the Edmonds Underwater Park this weekend. It’s easy, meet us at the Edmonds UW Sports at 9 AM, Saturday and Sunday. If no one is at the store on Sunday, then check at the park. Bruce Higgins drives a distinctive red pickup which is always full of dive gear, lift drums and items for the park. The Edmonds UW Sports store is a great supporter of this effort and donates airfills for the park volunteers.
Show up, learn to do something underwater, get some exercise, and enjoy the camaraderie of some great people who are making a difference in Puget Sound.

The EUP is always looking for volunteers. Come join us and Dive! I’m back in town and I’ll be volunteering at the Edmonds Underwater Park this weekend. It’s easy, meet us at the Edmonds UW Sports at 9 AM, Saturday and Sunday.

thelawgoddess:
i really want to come out and help some time. i won't have a free weekend in town until after the new year, though. i will subscribe to this thread to remind myself. :)

9 am It's an open invitation any Saturday or Sunday year around. Come out and join us.

I was just coming on here to ask if you guys were working Saturday. I've never helped out, but figured working would let me see some areas of the park I don't see otherwise. And I need to get wet, with this weather cancelling dives lately. Are you working both days for the next two weekends, even with the holidays?
gomi_

gomi_otaku:
I was just coming on here to ask if you guys were working Saturday. I've never helped out, but figured working would let me see some areas of the park I don't see otherwise. And I need to get wet, with this weather cancelling dives lately. Are you working both days for the next two weekends, even with the holidays?
gomi_

It's a given - Bruce is always there every Saturday of the year, and I've only known him to miss about 1 or 2 Sundays each year..........His dedication is unparelleled.
Anyway come on out and join us anytime. We always need volunteers.

Come join us at the EUP. Volunteers for the Edmonds underwater park are always needed. Meet us at 9 AM at the Edmonds Underwater Sports store. Basic Scuba certification and gear are required! Experience is not required. I started volunteering at the park two months after I started diving and I've been volunteering there off and on for the last 10 years.

Unfortunately volunteers for the park, in this region of 3.8 million people, are few and far between. The schedule is easy - no notices, no e-mail chains, no phone calls required. Just show up at the Edmonds Underwater Sports store at 9 AM on Saturday or Sunday. Bruce Higgins is there leading dives over a 100 days a year. Come out on any weekend, join the work crew and support one of the best divesites in Puget Sound.

Bruce Higgins has been leading the effort as the unofficial Underwater park caretaker for the last 29 years at Edmonds. He drives a distinctive red pickup which is always full of dive gear, lift drums and items for the park. The Edmonds UW Sports store donates airfills for the dives at the park.

Show up, learn to actually do something productive underwater, get some exercise, and enjoy the camaraderie of some great people who are making a difference in Puget Sound.
__________________:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom