Eilat, Israel, August 2007 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes its hot right now in Eilat but not at all humid as its in the desert. I am from London and recently moved to Eilat after spending 5 years diving around the world on all 5 continents. I

I also do a lot of photography and Noam is very well respected here in Eilat!

I myself have recently opened a dive operation here called prodive (www.prodive.co.il), we are very protective about the reefs here, no they are not in great shape but a lot of work is being done to plant new corals and hope for a return to earlier days. The Coral Marine Nature Reseve are working hard and have recently put up clear signs and special entrances into the sea to avoid coral damage.

I am big on beach clean ups and am making sure that Prodive are involved in at least one clean up a month, more now in the summer.

I am very happy to be teaching now here in the Red Sea in Eilat. I do take trips over to Sinai now and again and was recently diving in and around the blue hole, quite spectaular!

Whether you dive with us or anyone else in Eilat, please remember one thing - REPECT THE REEF!

am happy to answer any questions on diving here in Eilat or Sinai

cdislands:
78 degrees, very nice.

Before answering the question, I'd like to thank the report, and also recommend to adopt Jai Bar respond (By the way, perfect dive buddy :D).

Temperatures
In the Red- Sea:
Through the year, it goes in between 21-25 [c] =~ 70-77 [f].

but... it doesn't include (edges):
deep dive winter time where temp can go as low as 20 [c] =~ 68 [f].
or
surface/shallow summer time where temp can go as high as 26 [c] =~ 79 [f].

Generally, in the Red- Sea, temp has strong relations with the yearly seasons.

Winter (Dec- March): 21-22 [c] =~ 70-72 [f].
Summer (Jul- Sep): 25-26 [c] =~ 77-79 [f].
Fall (Oct- Nov), Spring (Apr- Jun): 23-24 [c] =~ 73- 75 [f].

I'd highly recommend to dive with proper wet suit in winter (5mm, Hood, Gloves), as well as shorty suit in summer (3mm).

Enjoy diving in the Red- Sea.

giladshay:
Before answering the question, I'd like to thank the report, and also recommend to adopt Jai Bar respond (By the way, perfect dive buddy :D).

Temperatures
In the Red- Sea:
Through the year, it goes in between 21-25 [c] =~ 70-77 [f].

but... it doesn't include (edges):
deep dive winter time where temp can go as low as 20 [c] =~ 68 [f].
or
surface/shallow summer time where temp can go as high as 26 [c] =~ 79 [f].

Generally, in the Red- Sea, temp has strong relations with the yearly seasons.

Winter (Dec- March): 21-22 [c] =~ 70-72 [f].
Summer (Jul- Sep): 25-26 [c] =~ 77-79 [f].
Fall (Oct- Nov), Spring (Apr- Jun): 23-24 [c] =~ 73- 75 [f].

I'd highly recommend to dive with proper wet suit in winter (5mm, Hood, Gloves), as well as shorty suit in summer (3mm).

Enjoy diving in the Red- Sea.

Hi Gilad,
Nice to C U here :coffee:
FYI, over the last weekend water Temp at 22M depth (SATIL) - 27 C.
at 2 M - 29C !! its time for you to check this out....:rofl3:

ofleisher:
Hi Gilad,
Nice to C U here :coffee:
FYI, over the last weekend water Temp at 22M depth (SATIL) - 27 C.
at 2 M - 29C !! its time for you to check this out....:rofl3:

Well... U R right. I forgot to take into consideration the earth global warming :shakehead:.

Just got back a few weeks ago from Israel and also had a chance to dive the red sea. Gotta say it was an incredible experience. Booked with Isrotel, Boaz who handled all the booking arangements was great and always provided plenty of info regarding the trip. Went out on the Panorama Sharm and did the Straights of Tiran for 3 days. Great crew, great dives and definately planning another trip soon.

Heres a link to the pics I took diving,
http://flickr.com/photos/aic007/collections/72157601543554328/

set-72157601550348467

cdislands:
Red Sea - Eilat, Israel, August 2007 Trip Report

It was an excellent trip and we hope to return someday.

Great trip report. Loved everyone's Pix. Israel is high on my list too. Hopefully in the next few years or so.
Thanks for sharing. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom