Electrical Connections in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaYakker:
I bought my adapters right in Australia - brand namr of KORJO and/or Dick Smith. You get two outlets per adapter, and they are much sturdier than the ones I bought in the US. Cheaper too! A word of Caution - In order to charge all my camera and light batteries I brought from home a Belkin "power strip" with overcurrent protection - blew it out! A power strip will work - just don't get any current protection (Okay, so it was dumb - but now we know....)

When travelling overseas, I usually bring a couple of plug adapters and a cheap extension cord. Plug the extension cord into the wall with the plug adapter, and use all of my universal voltage devices that way. The extra plug adapter is in case I want to use something away from the extension cord. Typically, the only thing I bring that isn't both 110/220 is my beard trimmer, which is rechargable, and as someone else said, most hotels have a 110V outlet in their bathrooms that can handle very small loads like charging a beard trimmer/shaver.

Back
Top Bottom