Epson Inks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aggie diver

durabrite is a consumer ink designed for the all in ones not the dedicated photo printers(<$150 in price), but as for the fading the rest is true about image killers, this is why

chris

which papers do you use because im using alot of enhanced matte or red river polar gloss and ilford gallerie papers depending on what im printing. i wish that epson would update the 2200 with a another cartridge holder so i could have both blacks in the printer at one time like the 4000 without the hefty price, but then i dont need that much of a wide carrage because 11x14 and large go out to be done on photo paper.

sjspeck

i didnt mean to step all over your opinon as we are all entitled to that, i just wanted to point out the information that is available from wihlhelm reaserch. if i offended you im sorry.

Also you are right that arguing is counter productive.

for your information as for my high quality prints that i sell i go through the two different pro labs to get the prints im looking for (in the dallas area i use BWC imaging for B&W and tango drum scans, and The Color Place for my color work, also use WHCC for digital work since i have complete control over that end) then for what little home printing i do for my self i use a epson 2200 with the ultrachrome inks

again if i offended anyone im sorry

Tooth

Scubatooth:
sjspeck

i didnt mean to step all over your opinon as we are all entitled to that, i just wanted to point out the information that is available from wihlhelm reaserch. if i offended you im sorry.

Also you are right that arguing is counter productive.

for your information as for my high quality prints that i sell i go through the two different pro labs to get the prints im looking for (in the dallas area i use BWC imaging for B&W and tango drum scans, and The Color Place for my color work, also use WHCC for digital work since i have complete control over that end) then for what little home printing i do for my self i use a epson 2200 with the ultrachrome inks

again if i offended anyone im sorry

Tooth
Tooth

I'm not offended by your "stepping all over my opinion" I didn't mean for my reply to sound that way, upon re-reading my last post I can see why it might be taken that way though. You're obviously(to me anyway) way more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am so that was what I meant when I said I'd defer to your opinion.

Steve

Living in Japan I use the Epson MC paper. very happy with the results. I have no idea as to what if any cross reference to the US types sorry! The ultrachrome ink still will not produce a high gloss output, therefore i either use a semi gloss or Matte paper for fine art prints

I have the 4000PX, which is essentially the 2200, the dual black concept is nice but don't look for a upgrade. the printers here are a year ahead of the rest of the world, but no replacement for the 2200 has yet been released.

I am considering getting a wide format printer for the poster size stuff. I am now using Fuji in Tokyo for my large stuff but the time/cost factor is a pain and in reality I am not all that happy with the results, but it still sells!

Chris

chris

i can do a cross check for what that paper is called in the US but need this info

what finish
size of paper
weight of paper (should be something like so many grams per sq meter)
also product number

tooth

In general dye base inks have a better color gamut then pigment base inks. Dye also has a richer Black then Pigment.

Dye inks Epson
Color fades faster then Pigment, better colors then Pigment.

Pigment inks Epson 4000 (UltraChrome ink)
Color last longer then dye (prints display under glass 71 years) Fuji Crystal Archive (Silver halide color print) traditional print last 40 years, colors are not as good as dye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom