Equinox EQ-Pro & HDR-FX1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peaceful

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Equinox EQ-Pro Mechanical Underwater Video Housing - for Sony HDR-FX1

I am looking at making a purchase for the above housing and cam and I was wondering how the Equinox holds up? I have used the Ikelite for several years for my digital cams but i was buying a highier priced vid cam and wanted to make sure this thing works. Ikelite doesn't have a case for the HDR-FX1.

It's about a 9k investment after all is said and done so any help is appreciated.

Aren't hobbies fun...

Have you looked at Amphibico's Phenom housing ?

I just checked the Amphibico's out online, thanks ronroasa. It does make the price go from 9k to 12k but it is still worth checking out.

bottom line is, what do you want or expect out of your housing?

i want to be able to access most of the functions of the cam and not have it leak. Just didn't know if someone has used more than one vendor housing and had a preference.

peaceful:
i want to be able to access most of the functions of the cam and not have it leak. Just didn't know if someone has used more than one vendor housing and had a preference.

Peaceful,

You cannot easily access WB controls with the HC1 and any housing. Try A1U instead. That has a programmable button. Most housings have additional controls for this programmable button. And you program it for WB. Ain't it cool?

Check OceanImages housings for A1E & HC1

regards
Yener

PS: this makes 9K to 10-11 K I guess.

yceltikci:
Peaceful,

You cannot easily access WB controls with the HC1 and any housing. Try A1U instead.

Ooops sorry. You are talking about FX1!!!. sorry about that.

Anyway, you may consider A1U. It's in the professional line. Fx1 is not I guess !

:D

Yener

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom