Equipment Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjride

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased all of my friends scuba equipment.. He just had Open heart surgery and says he will never dive again.. All the equipment is 3 years old and kept in perfect condition. Tanks, Reg. Octo,and alternate air cource and BC have all been checked and certified 6 months ago. My question is this-- Any comments on this equipment ? Anything I should look for in general. He had it all done as his yearly check and repair. Should I have it all checked again, or wait for it's yearly check again.I am fairly new to Diving- but this was a deal and I could not pass it up. here is the list --

1. Aqua Lung Balance BC with Alternate Air Source
2. Aqua Lung Legend LX Regulator set
3. Suunto Cobra Dive computer with Compass & Quick disconnect, usb PC Connect
4. 2 Aluminum Lufuxor Tanks
5. Aqua Lung Regulator Bag
6. Split Fin , Finns -
7. Dive Light – Underwater Kinetics Halogen C8
8. Henderson Hyperstretch 2 pc 7mm Wet suit Large
9. Henderson Dive Boots
10. Henderson 3mm & 5mm Goves
11. Henderson 3mm Dive hood
12. Retractable computer/gear Line
13. Henderson Hyperstretch Dive Skin 1mm Large
14. Dive Mat
15. Misc. Dive gear…..Line Spool , Rope etc
16. 35 lbs of Soft Weights and carry bag
17. Dive gear bag
18. Dive gear Dry box
19. It also came with a complete US divers 1st stage,Conshelf 21-Reg,octo and Alternate Air source.-- I am thinking of having this spare checked and serviced for a backup..any thoughts on this??

Thanks,
Tom

Appears to all be taken care of and Aqualung is pretty good stuff. I don't think I would run down and blindly get it all serviced again. I would see if you could get some time in a swimming pool through maybe a local dive shop and try it all out in there, at least the BC and regulators to do a sanity check before going out into the open water.

I wasn't to clear on the Conshelf setup, whether or not that had been serviced as well or if that setup was questionable? If it was serviced give it a try in the pool as well. If not then I would either wait and get it serviced with your other regulator set, not diving it, or if you are going to be using it, then get it in.

I'd watch out for that Aqua Lung Legend LX Regulator set. You should probably sell it to me just to be safe. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom