Everett, Mass - YMCA Instructor Don Scalli

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

da-gd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Don Scalli (or Scally maybe) certified me around 1977-78. I've recently taken PADI OW cert, but am seeking to find Don in case he can help YMCA find my old docs. I reached out to them last year and they had no record earlier than 1982. I just sent them a form and some money in case they can do a more stringent record search.'

Thanks in advance if anyone has info.

A quick internet seach found this...

Aqua Lung Center
j03366411.gif

781-321- 8830
addressman.gif

38 Lebanon St
Malden, MA 02148 Rte 1 to Rte 60 W (Malden/Medford exit) follow 60 to Papa Geno’s. Turn right up Maplewood St, (from 60 East turn left at Papa Geno’s) cross over intersection, on the left is Aqua Lung Center of new England.
fyi_for_your_information_lg_clr.gif
Oldest dive shop North of Boston. Don Scalli training since 1958Trips: Bonaire trip in Jan 2000. Call for information. Affordable.

That's great...THANKS! I had searched, but clearly not as well :wink:

I really appreciate it...glen

I don't think the Aqua Lung Center is still around. I know a guy in the Boston area who has been teaching for the Y for a very long time, and he might be able to help you out.
Rick Tejeiro
781-444-3483
Good luck!!!

I dont know if its true or not, but I believe that the YMCA cert records were destroyed in a fire (circa early 80's or late 70's). Heard that one before, and didnt know if it was just a story they tell you, or if it actually happened...

Anyways, if you were certified that long ago, and just now started diving again, it would probably be prudent to retake the course, as you did.

My best friend and I got certified by Don Scali and it was a YMCA cert. in 1979

My friend just got a new c card and they did have all the records he was told that they have them from 1972. He went online and filled out some paperwork and called them in Michigan he had it in a week or so. It cost him I believe $25.

I got myself a new card only 5 years ago and had no problem.

The card you will get today is like a credit card no picture. Unlike the older one with the picture.

My friend just got a new c card and they did have all the records he was told that they have them from 1972. He went online and filled out some paperwork and called them in Michigan he had it in a week or so. It cost him I believe $25.

I paid the 25.00...no luck in finding the records though....gd

Back
Top Bottom