Excellent DIR/good diving video link; useful!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonka97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is the best site, that I have found, for concise, quick loading video for "dir/just good diving" drills and skills. Useful for all divers. The backward propulsion kick is clearly demonstrated too.

http://www.divetekadventures.com/Images.htm

There is a link to purchase instructional dir DVDs; Based on the the quality of the drill video, they should be excellent! I ordered the available two.:coffee:

BTW: I wasted $$ buying the DIR/2004 dvd, by Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine. One egoist and one interesting diver sitting and talking. The egoist should have stayed home and let the informative diver do the show. Embarassing.

Any diver should be able to benefit from learning to do basic skills better or to learn different fin techniques. Even those who never want to or will never become "DIR" can benefit from addition information.

Folks have been kind enough to share such online video links with me so that in my leisure time I can watch them and decide if the skills taught would be helpful to me. In my open water there was no discussion on fin technique. As someone with a permanent hip injury discovering different kick styles has helped me to begin to find my stride in the water.

tonka97:
BTW: I wasted $$ buying the DIR/2004 dvd, by Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine.

i have heard that tape is not the best

matt_unique:
This should be posted in the DIR forum.

not really... that forum is for DIR-specific discussions

those videos are basic skills all divers should have

Good stuff, thanks.

The videos would be more usefull if they would show the skills using standard equipment, BCs and yellow Force Fins or Apollo split fins like most people use. N

Why, is good trim different in a BC?

The kicks ARE different in other fins, though.

Nemrod:
The videos would be more usefull if they would show the skills using standard equipment, BCs and yellow Force Fins or Apollo split fins like most people use. N

hey, if you want to run a marathon carrying a 300 lb backpack, you can do that too...

you just need to work all that much harder ... and don't expect to come in first

:14:

tonka97:
BTW: I wasted $$ buying the DIR/2004 dvd, by Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine. One egoist and one interesting diver sitting and talking. The egoist should have stayed home and let the informative diver do the show. Embarassing.

I CALLED IT!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

The mods have pulled the thread, but back in the original SDE clusterthread I asked tonka what his opinion on DIR was...

trans-troll.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom