Exor-100 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGG6

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It's nice to have a Captain's Corner. Now that we have on, I seem to have writers block. In San Diego, we are waiting for our brutal winter to end to see if the resession will effect our business. Things have been slower than usual but the weather has not been great. We'll see.

I saw a device at DEMA called the EXOR-100 which looks like a torpedo that you drop over the side. It measures the current speed and direction. It looked pretty cool but was not available at the time of the show. I wonder if anyone has used one or heard anything about it.

we are waiting for our brutal winter to end

Nothing personal but, Oh Please!
In Northern Michigan we are cresting 100" of snow, you know that white stuff you see in pictures. :D This morning the temp edged up to Zero with a F! Tell me about your brutal winters...go ahead.

If moored I count the time it takes my safety line float to straighten the line. It's simple and hard to break. What more would this gadget give you?

Sorry for the rant, I'm fed up with winter!

Yea, the item looks just like the one on their website. The one they showed at DEMA had a ring for a fishing line to suspend the torpedo and a LCD screen. I sent them an email asking for an update but no response yet. They told me the price point was apx. $ 200.00. For that price I'd get one.

Oh the item has a tempature guage to tell weather the water is warm enough to go in. Anything below 65 degrees we call the dive and refund the money. Actually it provides a digital readout of the current speed, direction and water tempature. I'm still waiting to hear from them, so far I they have not responded to my email. Sorry about your brutal winter but the water must be real clear.

65 degrees!
We wouldn't get any diving done up here at all!

Right now I would expect 100' to 200' viz. For the last 6 years those placing mooring buoys on our shipwrecks in May can see 100' deep wrecks as soon as they put their face in the water. WHEN the surface warms up to 65, some time in August, we need to drop below 120' to get that kind of viz. And then it can be hit and miss but 40 would be a minimum.

Here is a link to some video clips I took in October a couple of years back Thunder Bay Scuba Defiance Page

-8 degrees going into work this morning.

We just dove the Stolt Dagali two days ago in 37 degree water! Come on with the 65 degree mentality! I would ditch the drysuit in those balmy waters. I placed an email with the company and they replied three days later that it is in the "final testing phase" and would be released after that. They also said around $200 US as the previous poster stated.
Gene

I do not think I have offended anyone here but you. Just some light hearted bantering makes a forum more enjoyable to follow. My point is why pay $200 for what I can asertain from a float and some line. True I won't get temp at depth but will this thing?

Back
Top Bottom